[PAYLOAD] macWallpaper

jafahulo

Hey all, 

I spent last night coming up with a fun prank that Runs a script in background that will download pictures of my little pony (or whatever else you'd like, just change the urls to the pictures) and randomly sets that as their desktop background every 45 minutes - 5 hours. You can change number in for loop to decide how many times it will change their background.

Hope y'all have fun with it!

EDIT:

Link to PR: https://github.com/hak5/bashbunny-payloads/pull/236

Edited by jafahulo

I'm curious if this is a stand alone or requires bunny connection to run.

Cool feature is to have ti stand alone and run in background, pull the pic, save a copy under a different name and then use a copy of under the original name as the wallpaper.  Check in a certain time interval if the wallpaper has been changed from what you had and if so then use the backup to make a copy to the original d/l name and set it as wallpaper again.  :-P

I would make it a two fer.  Get 2 pics, second is the original modified with text saying "and the ponies keep on coming" or "Stampede".  That will be the pic that will be set after the first is unset as wallpaper...or tile it  :-)

6 hours ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

Cool feature is to have ti stand alone and run in background, pull the pic, save a copy under a different name and then use a copy of under the original name as the wallpaper.  Check in a certain time interval if the wallpaper has been changed from what you had and if so then use the backup to make a copy to the original d/l name and set it as wallpaper again.  :-P

I would make it a two fer.  Get 2 pics, second is the original modified with text saying "and the ponies keep on coming" or "Stampede".  That will be the pic that will be set after the first is unset as wallpaper...or tile it  :-)

Could make it randomly flash from one to the other every now and then? So for maybe 5 seconds it will pop up with the text one, then revert back as if nothing ever happened, both being the same wallpaper so it's mildly noticeable but just freaks the user out :P

18 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

I'm assuming it's in the Github repo?

Also, do you plug your Bunny in, wait for the script to start and pull the Bunny out and it'll still keep going or do you have to leave the Bunny in?

This is correct, I made a PR yesterday. In regards to the second question see below:

17 hours ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

This is a stand alone prank. All you have to do is plug the BB in for ~10-15 seconds and then yank it once it's ran the script on the computer. The computer will - on it's own - run my script in the background which includes downloading the pictures (saving them to the /tmp directory) and setting those pics as the desktop background.

10 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

Could make it randomly flash from one to the other every now and then? So for maybe 5 seconds it will pop up with the text one, then revert back as if nothing ever happened, both being the same wallpaper so it's mildly noticeable but just freaks the user out :P

Hahaha, thanks for the ideas @Dave-ee Jones and @PoSHMagiC0de!!! I'll definitely work on implementing those when I get time!!!

Edited by jafahulo
  • Upvote 1

• 4 years later...