Bash bunny problem HELP!

will burch

I bash bunny is moderatly new and I ran a few payloads and noticed a lot of the payloads would not work, no big deal huh, so i just tried to upgrade it from 1.0 to 1.3 and thats where the problem comes. I have no idea what happened but now when I plug it in (arming mode) the green LED will come on for about 2 seconds then it will start blinking red for a while, it then goes into the police pattern then bavk into red blinking and just shuts off out of nowhere, I cant get past this I need help!

Red and blue flashing is good - it means it was trying to update to the new firmware. What you need to do is go through firmware recovery and make sure you follow the firmware upgrade steps as they are.

Firmware Recovery

If the Bash Bunny fails to boot more than 3 times, it will automatically enter recovery mode. The LED will blink red while the file system is replaced by the backup partition. DO NOT UNPLUG THE BASH BUNNY DURING RECOVERY.
This process takes about 3 minutes. When complete, the Bash Bunny will reboot as indicated by the blinking green LED.
Keep in mind that when it says "Bash Bunny fails to boot more than 3 times" it means plug the Bash Bunny in, wait till the green light comes on then instantly pull it out. Do it 3 or more times and it will start flashing red. Takes about 3 minutes and it will automatically reboot and start blinking green. Once this is finished you should see the storage partition again (you know, the USB storage of the BB) in which you can try going through the firmware upgrade process again. 

Step by Step Firmware Upgrade Instructions

1. Download the latest version of the Bash Bunny firmware from https://bashbunny.com/downloads
  2. Verify that the SHA256 checksum of the downloaded firmware files matches the checksum listed at bashbunny.com
  3. Slide the Bash Bunny switch into Arming Mode (closest to the USB plug) and plug the Bash Bunny into your computer
  4. Copy the firmware upgrade file downloaded in step 1 to the root of the Bash Bunny flash drive.
  5. Safely eject the Bash Bunny flash drive (IMPORTANT)
  6. With the switch still in Arming Mode, plug the Bash Bunny back into your computer and wait 10 minutes.

See how it goes :)

Edited by Dave-ee Jones