Jump to content
m40295

What is the packet squirrel?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, C@retaker said:

Password, please. I have a credit card burning a hole in my wallet. 

Yeah, me too. If I don't see some Hak5 goodies to spend money on I am in danger of making rent this month. :P

Edited by Sparctor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oughta been interesting. I'll be watching the live stream intently. 

 

This blog refers to it as a "programmable MITM device".

https://www.doyler.net/security-not-included/def-con-25-bsideslv-2017

 

I also saw someone on Twitter describe it as "an online tap with payload capability, like the bash bunny".

Edited by rottingsun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Draxiom said:

I think i know the password... but I don't think they are ready/setup yet. View source on https://packetsquirrel.com

Last night I mentioned this on the irc, I don't think what you are talking about is the password. I checked. Its what it is labeled. 

Anyone else thinks this means that we should go on a scavenger hunt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darren confirmed that 3 devices are going to be released on Friday. - Packet Squirrel just seems to be one of them (unless there are 2 versions of the squirrel - like the Nano and Tetra are 2 versions of the same tool). 

Anyway looking forward. 

Still no pre-order, Seems I'm going to have to be okay with ordering on the unveiling, just hope the team can ship quickly.  (otherwise, I can always play when I get back from my trip)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zoro25 said:

Still no pre-order, Seems I'm going to have to be okay with ordering on the unveiling, just hope the team can ship quickly.  (otherwise, I can always play when I get back from my trip)

 

 

He said he'd probably open the pre-order on Friday, but no guarntee.

Edited by Exmix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zoro25 said:

Darren confirmed that 3 devices are going to be released on Friday.

We have not been able to figure out what the other ones are. We only know about the Packet Squirrel because of the banner at DefCon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See my post here about other possible items, 

While nothing is confirmed by the team, these are registered by Darren. However, it should be noted that only the PacketSquirrel.com domain has any content. The others all give errors. 

Also even if those were the names of new tools, a name still gives us nothing about how the tool carries out its attack or what it can do to aid pivoting. Except maybe the way it connects

for example

USBLadyBug = USB device attack meaning physical access to device under test will be needed

 ScreenCrab = No idea on attack style but it seems like it could be a remote screen grabbing tool (I've no idea how this could work if it was that)

USBBoomStick  = again USB in name so suppose another tool needing physical access

Only about 2 days to go 

Edited by zoro25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zoro25 said:

While nothing is confirmed by the team, these are registered by Darren. However, it should be noted that only the PacketSquirrel.com domain has any content. The others all give errors. 

If I were Darren I'd register at least one BS domain, just to keep people guessing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sparctor said:

If I were Darren I'd register at least one BS domain, just to keep people guessing.

All the ones I mentioned could all be BS domains :-) 

The Squirrel is the only one we know is real. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.10.2017 at 2:57 PM, rottingsun said:

Oughta been interesting. I'll be watching the live stream intently. 

 

This blog refers to it as a "programmable MITM device".

https://www.doyler.net/security-not-included/def-con-25-bsideslv-2017

 

I also saw someone on Twitter describe it as "an online tap with payload capability, like the bash bunny".

Guess 1: The Packet Squirrel is to the LAN turtle what the bash bunny is to the ducky

Guess 2: The Packet Squirrel works as an addon to the LAN Turtle and/or Wifi Pineapple, upgrading their memory, CPU and perhaps storage-space. 

 

Will be interesting to see how much the coupon-code is worth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, zoro25 said:

See my post here about other possible items, 

While nothing is confirmed by the team, these are registered by Darren. However, it should be noted that only the PacketSquirrel.com domain has any content. The others all give errors. 

Also even if those were the names of new tools, a name still gives us nothing about how the tool carries out its attack or what it can do to aid pivoting. Except maybe the way it connects

for example

USBLadyBug = USB device attack meaning physical access to device under test will be needed

 ScreenCrab = No idea on attack style but it seems like it could be a remote screen grabbing tool (I've no idea how this could work if it was that)

USBBoomStick  = again USB in name so suppose another tool needing physical access

Only about 2 days to go 

 

Guessing:
ScreenCrab: Screengrabber, HDMI<->HDMI or something, how you'd connect to it remotely is the issue though. Most hideable would be wifi, though USB (through pineapple) or ethernet (with autossh) is also possible.

USBLadybug/USBBroomStick: Atleast one of them I'm guessing is an upgraded ducky, either with remote control, or USB packet interception and transmit over wifi, or USB to bluetooth-adapter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a simple man. I don't really care what the Packet Squirrel is so much. Just want it to be included in the Hak5 Elite Field Kit so I can buy all the things. And call it a school expense. 

@Darren Kitchen

523e063332ab76b05359072f39c93ce7089b8f30e6fb83090d0a1bac2bca1895.jpg

Edited by reubadoob
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...