What is the packet squirrel?

m40295

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

Didn't work :/

same results here.  is there like a special linux command i need to say also?

Ummm, I'm actually more interested in the KeyCroc,  ScreenCrab, USBBoomStick and the USBLadyBug 

AFAIK nothing has been announced about these if they are actually newly planned products :-)

Remembering that the USBRubber Ducky was in planning for about 8 years I think Darren said.

Mods Feel free to edit/remove parts of my post if it contains anything that shouldn't be public yet.

17 hours ago, zoro25 said:

Ummm, I'm actually more interested in the KeyCroc,  ScreenCrab, USBBoomStick and the USBLadyBug 

AFAIK nothing has been announced about these if they are actually newly planned products :-)

Remembering that the USBRubber Ducky was in planning for about 8 years I think Darren said.

Mods Feel free to edit/remove parts of my post if it contains anything that shouldn't be public yet.

That's nice. At the moment we're interested in what's actually been announced and what is actually planning on arriving to this world, not just to our heads. It literally took me 10 minutes to figure out what in the world you were talking about. Why even bother making a post that is completely irrelevant to the Packet Squirrel, and why even post that kind of information here?

I'm assuming you're talking about domain names? You should probably look more closely - there's a low chance it's actually Hak5 because the guy who owns those domains has variations of Hak5's stuff, not actually Hak5's stuff. I think you got a bit excited and tried to be a bit of a know-it-all..

18 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

That's nice. At the moment we're interested in what's actually been announced and what is actually planning on arriving to this world, not just to our heads. It literally took me 10 minutes to figure out what in the world you were talking about. Why even bother making a post that is completely irrelevant to the Packet Squirrel, and why even post that kind of information here?

I'm assuming you're talking about domain names? You should probably look more closely - there's a low chance it's actually Hak5 because the guy who owns those domains has variations of Hak5's stuff, not actually Hak5's stuff. I think you got a bit excited and tried to be a bit of a know-it-all..

Dude I think you need to chill a little,

My post was actually a fun one, (or that's what I was aiming for)  and the registration for all those domains are by Darren Kitchen AKA Aardwolf (hence the Aardwolf Ambulance firmware in PineApples), so to throw your comment back to you, :tongue:

You should probably look more closely - I think you got a bit excited and tried to be a bit of a know-it-all.

Anyway to be a little more constructive my guess for the Squirrel is a 3G/Bluetooth network tap, that can be installed inline with physical access and controlled from a nearby over Bluetooth or distant over 3g mobile device - Have I just described the new LanTurtle 3G?. 

Really would like it to be a PineApple add on Hardware piece (I'm sure the BashBunny can do that , I've just not seen it heavily used like that)

13 hours ago, zoro25 said:

My post was actually a fun one, (or that's what I was aiming for)  and the registration for all those domains are by Darren Kitchen AKA Aardwolf (hence the Aardwolf Ambulance firmware in PineApples), so to throw your comment back to you, :tongue:

Fair play :ohmy: My bad..

13 hours ago, zoro25 said:

Anyway to be a little more constructive my guess for the Squirrel is a 3G/Bluetooth network tap, that can be installed inline with physical access and controlled from a nearby over Bluetooth or distant over 3g mobile device - Have I just described the new LanTurtle 3G?. 

Really would like it to be a PineApple add on Hardware piece (I'm sure the BashBunny can do that , I've just not seen it heavily used like that)

Yeah, that's basically exactly what the LAN Turtle 3G is, haha.

Pretty sure someone has attempted to join the forces of the PineAP and the BB, just didn't see what they came up with. I'm sure if you did a search on the forums you might be able to find out.

19 minutes ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

Pretty sure someone has attempted to join the forces of the PineAP and the BB, just didn't see what they came up with. I'm sure if you did a search on the forums you might be able to find out.

Yeah, Seb mentioned that he was going to release something at one point  https://forums.hak5.org/topic/40215-pineapple-core/ and also see

However, from the discussion, it does seem that the Bunny does take the place of the often mentioned PineApple Core. (meaning that the Squirrel most likely isn't that either).where Seb mentioned an "officail solution soon"

So there goes my 2 guesses. :-)

Not long now, let's hope they get the location confirmed and then we'll have a hard and fast date to look forward to. 

I wonder if you can set the Bash Bunny to RNDIS_ETHERNET (or ECM), use a USB to Ethernet adapter and plug it into the Pineapple's WAN/LAN port as the Pineapple's main source of network. You could then set the Pineapple up to broadcast the SSID, so when a user connects to it the Bunny deals with DHCP and wallah, you have a wireless network attack available (you can hit the IP and do some pentesting).

Archived