What is the packet squirrel?

m40295

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Draxiom said:

Fancy. Let's see it.

https://github.com/michael-weinstein/veraT

It gets the tumor and normal tissue DNA exomes and the tumor RNA.  It extracts the patients HLA type (immune system markers) form the normal tissue DNA, finds the tumor-specific mutated proteins by comparing the tumor and normal DNA, and then looks at the RNA to figure out if the mutated proteins are likely being made.  It then takes the mutated protein sequences and the HLA types and predicts which of these mutant proteins are going to be best presented to the immune system, which essentially gives the most immune-vulnerable changes in the cancer.  Once that happens, we can try to target those things for an immune response.

9 minutes ago, Michael Weinstein said:

https://github.com/michael-weinstein/veraT

It gets the tumor and normal tissue DNA exomes and the tumor RNA.  It extracts the patients HLA type (immune system markers) form the normal tissue DNA, finds the tumor-specific mutated proteins by comparing the tumor and normal DNA, and then looks at the RNA to figure out if the mutated proteins are likely being made.  It then takes the mutated protein sequences and the HLA types and predicts which of these mutant proteins are going to be best presented to the immune system, which essentially gives the most immune-vulnerable changes in the cancer.  Once that happens, we can try to target those things for an immune response.

Nifty. I'm a dev and don't pretend to understand that, but it kinda sounds like a password verification function. Compare guess against source of truth, and if they are the same; you're in. I worked for some bioinfomatic scientists years ago and made some user interfaces for their papers... just checked they aren't up anymore. :/ Interesting stuff though. Keep up the good work sir. Oh yea... Packet Squirrel stuff.

3 minutes ago, Draxiom said:

Nifty. I'm a dev and don't pretend to understand that, but it kinda sounds like a password verification function. Compare guess against source of truth, and if they are the same; you're in. I worked for some bioinfomatic scientists years ago and made some user interfaces for their papers... just checked they aren't up anymore. :/ Interesting stuff though. Keep up the good work sir. Oh yea... Packet Squirrel stuff.

Thanks.  My other big recent genome hack is here (worked with Microsoft on it) https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2016/10/05/078253

Definitely waiting to see the squirrel arrive and make a payload or two.

Hey, @Darren Kitchen do you think it would be more affordable to get everything after Monday? I have started doing freelance work to save up and get your gear to learn about a few things. Should I expect a huge price jump? Will the field kits divide into more options? Just trying to plan.

By the way, why don't you accept messages on here?

The sale price is for you guys, plus the "hidden" coupon code (which will remain active for a while). The field kits will be reworked since we also have another 2 devices launching tomorrow. This is just for you guys who've been super patient with our packet squirrel release - so your orders will be filled first.

My PM box is always fills up, and sadly I just don't have enough time every day to go through them so I have it basically disabled. 

41 minutes ago, Darren Kitchen said:

Wow - DNA vuln scanning? Rad!

Yeah, Florida -> Virginia -> California. Reppin' Fort Liquordale ;-)

Awesome.  Currently in Orlando.  Fun fact: my bash bunny payload is named for Bushing who is also a hacker from VA and introduced me to it back in 9th grade.  I think he also was friends with Dual Core before he passed last year :(

2 minutes ago, Darren Kitchen said:

All will be announced tomorrow. That link is just for you guys - so you're really keen on buying it before it's officially released - you'll be the first to get it.

Already ordered mine and apparently I just the email that it shipped. Awesome.

Looking forward to tomorrow to see the new items. Going to watch the live event.

3 hours ago, Exmix said:

Already ordered mine and apparently I just the email that it shipped. Awesome.

Looking forward to tomorrow to see the new items. Going to watch the live event.

Damn, so as mine (still need to go throu that fishy middle companey to send it overseas)

When will you guys start shipping directly to Israel?

JMX

1 hour ago, chickenlittle said:

Why is shipping more than $16. WTF HAK5? 

Shipping costs $13 USD for my Packet Squirrel..seems a bit overkill, yeah..I might order in a bit more bulk and make it worthwhile (assuming it's a set shipping cost for up to a box of items? Can someone confirm?).

Archived