Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AlphaWolf

Should you use vpn with anonsurf?

hello ive recently read a lot about anonsurf and was wondering if turning a vpn on before turning on anonsurf would ghost my activity? If not I would love to hear your thoughts about the best way to become ghost online.

that would be like using a vpn combined with TOR og I2P, i guess that could help depending on the vpn.

I haven't dug in to anon surf but have seen it in action.

On 7/30/2017 at 3:49 PM, Lord_KamOS said:

that would be like using a vpn combined with TOR og I2P, i guess that could help depending on the vpn.

Like he said it it is just like running Tor over the VPN.  You would have to make sure that you VPN is compatible with TOR not all of them allow TOR communication.  Depending on what you are looking at using it for, it may not be full proof,  All Tor entrance/exit nodes are public so keep that in mind (if you are have the intention of doing nefarious things).  Adrian Crenshaw has given a couple of talks about how Tor users got caught. 

with that said if you are looking just to anonimize your traffic and maintain privacy then that should be fine.

if you are looking to become a ghost online you will need a lot more then just VPN and Tor,  The only way that you can really be a ghost online is to never get online

On 7/31/2017 at 0:49 AM, Lord_KamOS said:

Agree with him. if the VPN supports this feature then it will give good results. 

You can also double encrypt on an iphone if one of the vpn's are openvpn and the other IPsec/IKEv2. 

On 8/31/2017 at 4:55 AM, Spoonish said:

You can also double encrypt on an iphone if one of the vpn's are openvpn and the other IPsec/IKEv2. 

Yes, setting up a VPN on your iPhone and even on new iphone X although with the new iOS 11, there are changes to setup a VPN on your iPhone device. So even if you are outside using public wifi you dont need worry through these simple steps to setup a VPN your internet activity will be completely anonymous. 

if you don't intend to go for the overkill here. any vpn with an encryption would work. i've tried a handful in the past 7 years. encryption is one of the distinguishing factors so do go through their pricing policy. like always!