BASH BUNNY DEAD???

Joeyd956

I extracted the 1.3 version and moved it to the bb root i didnt open upgrade or anything just the first file and yes in arming it does the recovery like it says blinks red then red/blue then green but i plug it back into the comp but it dosent come up at all , is my bb broken forever now ??

You need to initiate firmware recovery. I know you've said you've done it many times but it is easy to mess up.

Basically what happens is if it fails to boot 3 times or more it will attempt to recover itself. To make it fail boot you plug it in, wait for the light to go green and pull it out immediately. Do this 3 times. On the 4th try you should notice it is flashing red. Leave it to do so and DON'T UNPLUG IT. Predicted wait time is about 3 minutes, and the Bash Bunny will automatically reboot when it's done. After that it should be fine.

If it isn't fine after you've done that and still refuses to boot it could be a hardware error or the backup partition doesn't exist. This means you should talk to Hak5 Support, they can help you better than I can from this point on. They're pretty good with replacements, as long as it's a hardware error.

You should also look around the forums for other posts similar to this as this is a fairly common problem.

Hope it helps! :)

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

You need to initiate firmware recovery. I know you've said you've done it many times but it is easy to mess up.

Basically what happens is if it fails to boot 3 times or more it will attempt to recover itself. To make it fail boot you plug it in, wait for the light to go green and pull it out immediately. Do this 3 times. On the 4th try you should notice it is flashing red. Leave it to do so and DON'T UNPLUG IT. Predicted wait time is about 3 minutes, and the Bash Bunny will automatically reboot when it's done. After that it should be fine.

If it isn't fine after you've done that and still refuses to boot it could be a hardware error or the backup partition doesn't exist. This means you should talk to Hak5 Support, they can help you better than I can from this point on. They're pretty good with replacements, as long as it's a hardware error.

You should also look around the forums for other posts similar to this as this is a fairly common problem.

Hope it helps! :)

i tried getting in contact with hak5 support & nothing , & the recovery's still dont help 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2017 at 11:22 AM, Joeyd956 said:

i tried getting in contact with hak5 support & nothing , & the recovery's still dont help 

Remain patient. I had a similar issue and they have replaced my bunny. Be detailed in your message to support. Remember it's a small outfit and it takes time to respond to everyone. And DefCon just happened. So they are a bit swamped.