school student job (opertunity)...

bommaboy2789

hi at school there is a random job thingy opening up named the director of internet services aka u (and your team) run the school website. i put my application in and am waiting on the results some time next year im pretty confident that next year i will be on the team. the website is written in php and the only webcode i have been botherd to learn is HTML and a bit of xml do you guys know any good php for n00bs websites that could teach me the school is using the mac OS X platform r there any editors or wat ever i could use?

p.s im srry for my last suck ase post it was real n00by and dont worry my mate nearly got sent to jail for the same thing lol. :oops:

actualy i kinda think he is n00b'ish (oh yeah my n00b sences ar tingling) expecialy since yesterday he was asking how to pwn his skool network -_- and now today he wants to be working for them <cough> retard </cough>.

Anyway to the point, ftp://194.44.214.3/pub/e-books/ Pretty much a collection of PHP teach ur self books, ie Dummies, Zoo, sams, and so on.

Maybe you could RTPHPM. They have the best documentation I've ever seen, especially for a scripting language. So I'm not completely flaming, you could try the book PHP fast & easy web developement. It walks you through setting up an *AMP (thats [your OS of choice], Apache, Mysql, and PHP) server, as well.

Maybe you could RTPHPM. They have the best documentation I've ever seen, especially for a scripting language. So I'm not completely flaming, you could try the book PHP fast & easy web developement. It walks you through setting up an *AMP (thats [your OS of choice], Apache, Mysql, and PHP) server, as well.

And if setting your own up is to hard, or you only have the one PC to play with there is XAMMP. Its a simple web server/dev. environment for a bunch of OS's that just works. Although in the long run, setting up your own will help you learn, so you really should do that at some point.

XAMPP for Linux

The distribution for Linux systems (tested for SuSE, RedHat, Mandrake and Debian) contains: Apache, MySQL, PHP & PEAR, Perl, ProFTPD, phpMyAdmin, OpenSSL, GD, Freetype2, libjpeg, libpng, gdbm, zlib, expat, Sablotron, libxml, Ming, Webalizer, pdf class, ncurses, mod_perl, FreeTDS, gettext, mcrypt, mhash, eAccelerator, SQLite and IMAP C-Client.

XAMPP for Windows (had 5 months up time for me, its damn good! - VaKo)

The distribution for Windows 98, NT, 2000 and XP. This version contains: Apache, MySQL, PHP + PEAR, Perl, mod_php, mod_perl, mod_ssl, OpenSSL, phpMyAdmin, Webalizer, Mercury Mail Transport System for Win32 and NetWare Systems v3.32, JpGraph, FileZilla FTP Server, mcrypt, eAccelerator, SQLite, and WEB-DAV + mod_auth_mysql.

XAMPP for Mac OS X

The distribution for Mac OS X contains: Apache, MySQL, PHP & PEAR, SQLite, Perl, ProFTPD, phpMyAdmin, OpenSSL, GD, Freetype2, libjpeg, libpng, zlib, Ming, Webalizer, mod_perl, eAccelerator, phpSQLiteAdmin.

XAMPP for Solaris

The distribution for Solaris (developed and tested with Solaris 8, tested with Solaris 9) contains: Apache, MySQL, PHP & PEAR, Perl, ProFTPD, phpMyAdmin, OpenSSL, Freetype2, libjpeg, libpng, zlib, expat, Ming, Webalizer, pdf class.

actualy i kinda think he is n00b'ish (oh yeah my n00b sences ar tingling) expecialy since yesterday he was asking how to pwn his skool network -_- and now today he wants to be working for them <cough> retard </cough>.

This is eaxctly what I was thinking.... AS I FUCKING STATED ALREADY..... don't lie to us. When can catch a lier from many, many miles away.

i cant speak for manuel_l personaly, but my line of site is bullshit is rather far, my noise can pick it up even further, but thats another story on how i like to smell shit :S

Any way ur lies were like smack bang in our face, ive found that most n00bs atleast try for more suttelness.

i cant speak for manuel_l personaly, but my line of site is bullshit is rather far, my noise can pick it up even further, but thats another story on how i like to smell shit :S

Any way ur lies were like smack bang in our face, ive found that most n00bs atleast try for more suttelness.

Who needs site or smell, when we have noob-o-vision detectors. It uses Triagulation from their Whois info, their Longitude and latitude, and google maps GPS.

my ISP banned noob-o-vision

Edit:

Best post more than 6 words :P, umm yeah, as ppl have said download either Apache and PHP for windows, give em a try and see what u can come up with, also for a biginer i and for a skool site, i suggest using other ppls scripts and applications, its best to have ur own site hacked not ur skools.

ty ppl and im leik teh best gamer im my school (really) but im more of a trained noob then a skilled gamer.

Ok, not to be rude, but just for that post you should be flamed royally. Also based on what other people have said, you at one time wanted to "pwn" your schools network, now you wanna create thier website. Whats with that?

Who needs site or smell, when we have noob-o-vision detectors. It uses Triagulation from their Whois info, their Longitude and latitude, and google maps GPS.

Ah..... The power of WhoIS..... Used to own many a newb.... lol. But what about Technolust Instincts Manuel_l?

Ah..... The power of WhoIS..... Used to own many a newb.... lol. But what about Technolust Instincts Manuel_l?

My, oh my does somebody like to digg up old news.....

anyhow, you can throw that in too for extra goo measure, but I wasn't just limiting my comments to hak.5 forums.

If you want a teach-yourself book that's really complete and at a bit faster of a pace than a dummies book, check out the O'Reilly books like Programming PHP. I'd be lost without that book since it's not only a tutorial but a near-complete reference as well. O'Reilly's usually my first stop on any given programming topic, though.