Tetra recon scan breaks internet connection

banaan

I’ve got the Tetra (firmware 1.1.2) connected with USB to a Windows 10 computer. Internet is correctly shared on Windows, the Tetra has a working internet connection when it is booted. I’ve verified that internet connection is working by fetching the bulletins on the dashboard.

When I go to Recon in the web interface and do a single 15 seconds scan the LED on the Tetra keeps continuously blinking red after the scan is finished, and the internet connection is not working anymore.

Why is the internet connection not working anymore? Why does the LED keeps blinking after the recon scan has finished? Is this a bug?

On 20/07/2017 at 11:16 AM, banaan said:

When I go to Recon in the web interface and do a single 15 seconds scan the LED on the Tetra keeps continuously blinking red

Red flashing indicated wlan1 is in monitor mode wlan1mon. to stiop it flashing drop wlan1mon back to wlan1.

On 20/07/2017 at 11:16 AM, banaan said:

after the scan is finished, and the internet connection is not working anymore

This could be 2 things i guess, and i am guessing without more detail.

1.   if you use wlan1 in client mode to give the tetra a internet connection then theres a conflict using wlan1 for 2 separate tasks. So try using a 3rd radio or ethernet for Internet.

2.    If powering the tetra solely from the USB ports on your laptop then its possibly underpowered, try adding more power supply, either USB power bank or 12V.

Hopefully sorts your issue

Red flashing indicated wlan1 is in monitor mode wlan1mon. to stiop it flashing drop wlan1mon back to wlan1.

• Shouldn't it automatically switch back?
  • How do I switch it manually?

if you use wlan1 in client mode to give the tetra a internet connection then theres a conflict using wlan1 for 2 separate tasks. So try using a 3rd radio or ethernet for Internet.

Not using client mode, as described I'm using a shared internet connection from Windows 10.

If powering the tetra solely from the USB ports

No, I'm using both USB and power grid. So there is sufficient power.

Questions

• Can someone please verify that after a recon scan wlan1mon is automatically switched back to wlanmon?
  • Is the internet available for clients during the recon scan?

Many thanks in advance