DJI Configs parser, for FCC and 32 channel and other stuff

Hi,

I have tried the .dji.configs_force_fcc on Spark, iOS. And it seems it doesn´t work. Loosing video connection after 300m,

Yesterday I have tried DJI GO with forced FCC on Android and the range was 560m without any video lags or hitch. Today I tried the same with same DJI GO with forced FCC but got about 250m and then strated lags. Tried to restart the RC and AC without any difference.. could be that FCC was enabled on both but due same signal interfarnce it was reduced the range ? 

The flight area and path was exactly the same.. today is just really cloudy.

Let me know if any of congfig works for iOS on Spark.

Thank you

Lukas

Hi,

i went through the 4.1.3 iOS DJI go 4 app and the force_fcc and force_boost configs are taken into account only for the mavic (exactly as explained in the first post of this thread).

on Android this seems not to be the case.

in order to test the range, could you please try and connect with a computer to the RC Wi-Fi and read its Signal and noise power?

Not sure if things changed with 4.1.4

On 2017/7/25 at 4:28 PM, LukasOn said:

Hi,

I have tried the .dji.configs_force_fcc on Spark, iOS. And it seems it doesn´t work. Loosing video connection after 300m,

Yesterday I have tried DJI GO with forced FCC on Android and the range was 560m without any video lags or hitch. Today I tried the same with same DJI GO with forced FCC but got about 250m and then strated lags. Tried to restart the RC and AC without any difference.. could be that FCC was enabled on both but due same signal interfarnce it was reduced the range ? 

The flight area and path was exactly the same.. today is just really cloudy.

Let me know if any of congfig works for iOS on Spark.

Thank you

Lukas

There are someone claim that the config works on spark. But i don't have that drone, the only thing I can see is that the IOS code seems to have a if statement for DJISdrBoostLogic only works on mavic, which doesn't appear on Android code. There are also one friend test the .dji.configs_force_fcc on Inspire 2, the result is IOS doesn't take effect, but Android takes

Edited by 微风小杨

I tried an RF meter to look at the 2.4 and 5.8 GHz output power from the Spark RC.

Under iOS, with DJI GO 4.1.3 and corresponding firmware, I could not find any (significant) difference between the stock app and after applying http://dji.retroroms.info/_media/howto/dji.configs_force_fcc

I found an insignificant increase from 1.4 mW to 2.5 mW at 5.8 GHz with the FCC config. But I think this is measurement error. Also note that the measured power is far below 90 mW expected for CE. But that may be simply due to the measurement procedure with an attenuator and I was only interested in seeing a difference after applying the config.

I measure (for the stronger SMP output, they are not exactly equal, and for the strongest channel) 20 mW for 2.4 GHz and 2 mW for 5.8 GHz (within error margins). I am in CE territory. Using an OTG cable didn't make any difference for me. This is with a 30 dB attenuator connected (and calibrated for) to a ImmersionRC RF Power Meter.

This is sad. What exactly did people do to see a difference for Spark/iOS?

Just wanna update my experience so far with those configs, after some more tests i can say that none of them are currently working on IOS + spark. I was fooled by the fact that i was able to flight for 1200 meters with some major video interruptions instead of the 500m of CE mode with the force fcc config. Recently i used a different method to enable FCC mode in IOS (it involves a modified dji go apk on android) and i also modded the controller's antenna (got one from 4hawks.com, btw great antenna!), well i was able to reach 3400 metres without video disconnections.

10 hours ago, Serega said:

Marcocappe
Can you please share with us your method of FCC enabling using the android device? I guess once you do that, you can use your remote with any ios device keeping the FCC activated?

Exactly! I dont have an Android device so i downloaded bluestacks emulator, installed this patched apk, connected the pc to rc/drone and...the app crashed!

The emulator wasnt able to stream video from the drone but...maybe it emulates/reset in some ways the gps coordinates and sent these info to the drone. Connected back to a fresh DJI GO on IOS and it asking to change my wifi settings for my country, just tap "cancel" and the drone is in FCC mode!

Both drone and rc are at the latest firmware version, ios app version is 4.1.5.

If you have an android device with the modified apk you should be able to change on the fly the country settings to "US" by tapping twice on "controller version" in "about" menu.

Hope this help!

Edited by Marcocappe

The Marcocappe technique works perfectly fine for me! I have an android and an IOS device and I used a different version of the modded app (v25) but the result is the same: I just have to hit cancel when DJI Go 4 (on IOS) asks me if I want to change country settings and voila! I went to more than 2km with just minor video interruptions before deciding to going back home (far enough to prove without a doubt that I'm in FCC mode, before my max flight distance was approx. 500m). I switched to 2.4GHz and used an OTG cable but I'm not sure the OTG helped me much. I don't want to fly that far every day but that assures me a solid connection. Thanks a lot Marcocappe!

@小杨

Alright then, it looks like the config file is not working on 4.1.5 with Android running 6.0.1.

I used Bin4ry's deejayeye-modder for 4.1.3 and can get a strong connection for 2km or so. Now with 4.1.5 without the mods and with config file that goes down to like 1KM.

I was flying within the same area, and the same time of day.

This trick to enable fcc on ios does not work for iPad Air two.

It works on my iPhone.using the android application first and then connecting with my iPhone.

EDIT: wait i see 11 channel in 2.4ghz ..this a fcc mode? Because i think 11 channel Fcc mode,13 channel CE mode.

i wrong?

Edited by Invernomuto

On 17/8/2017 at 3:19 PM, Invernomuto said:

This trick to enable fcc on ios does not work for iPad Air two.

It works on my iPhone.using the android application first and then connecting with my iPhone.

EDIT: wait i see 11 channel in 2.4ghz ..this a fcc mode? Because i think 11 channel Fcc mode,13 channel CE mode.

i wrong?

Correct, 11 channels is FCC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/21/2017 at 3:22 AM, HaxxHaris said:

I learn something everyday, thank you for the information ?

I'm very new to drone, bought my first a few days ago DJI Spark, waiting for the remote to come, I'm disappointed when I read yesterday that even with the remote control you will reach a maximum of 500 meters in distance with 2.4 GHz because of CE and the height is even worse 100 meters max.

I just read how to enable DEV mode in DJI Assistant 2, do not know if this is for other drones but it did not help for Spark. I could change restrictions such as height and distance. Every time I read settings, it's correct it has been saved. However, in the iOS app, it's standalone height of 100 meters limit. Also tested and fly today 100 meters max.

Hi