Remove CE limits from DJI products and other fun stuff in DJI Go4

Bin4ry

On Mavic  with firmware from 4.1.9  

-  4.1.9 FCC patched I NOT see any longer range :(

- 4.1.3 Apk after change to US (by app menu) I see about 30% extra range.

Soon I will test 4.1.8 and 4.1.5

-----------------------------

It can be by updated firmware in Mavic and controller from 4.1.9 ?

How much Your range was change on FCC ?

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Koncio said:

On Mavic  with firmware from 4.1.9  

-  4.1.9 FCC patched I NOT see any longer range :(

- 4.1.3 Apk after change to US (by app menu) I see about 30% extra range.

Soon I will test 4.1.8 and 4.1.5

-----------------------------

It can be by updated firmware in Mavic and controller from 4.1.9 ?

How much Your range was change on FCC ?

I will not get a chance to fly today but will tomorrow and report back.

I have patched all the apk's now so will try them all tomorrow.

One thing that isn't that clear though..... After installing the patched apk the first time run when the window comes up about flying in a different region.....do you click oK the first time and then cancel all subsequent times or should you go with cancel from the first run after installing ?

Thanks

On version 4.1.9 , 4.1.8 and 4.1.3 any region windows don't show up on my app. 

But I found 2 tips:

1. very important is to turn ON controller and app first, finaly Mavic last. 

2. in Menu "Image Transmission setting" We can check how many  channels is active 12 or 13, in some cases 14.

Simple turn in Custom Frequency selection, then move "square" to the end right. If You see 2465,5 MHz then this is 12 channels = FCC, if can move it more for bigest frequency like 2476,5MHz or 2481,5MHz then this is NOT FCC.  Probably I'm right. ;)

In my case if I turn ON  Mavic first then  app it will go to CE and have  13 channels, then I must turn  OFF and again ON mavic and app back to 12 channels. 

Waiting for range test from You. 

I just go to mavic firmware 700 for tomorrow fly.

I tested today latest fw 1000 with patched app (4.1.3,  4.1.8, 4.1.9) but FCC not working in real fly- range is the same like on CE version. 

Tomorrow i will fly with this 700 and app 4.1.9 if it will not working then 4.1.3.

31 minutes ago, Bin4ry said:

Make sure you start first the controller and connect the app, after that start the drone! If you use a different order the drone will start with the last known tx power, which is CE for you :-)

BR 

Yup - got that figured now thanks.

Also worked out that if you don't do it in that order you will get the pop up re WLAN settings. If you click OK instead of ignore then it will force FCC mode. (Did it the wrong way round first of all and saw no better distance performance).

Have been out to 1km on 5.8ghz so definitely in FCC mode and very happy with results.

Thank you very much for your efforts and work, it is much appreciated. ;)

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎26 at 11:17 AM, oakman said:

ok so I'm patching v419 as it seems v4110 is not patchable due to added security and it's building a v37. Is there a way to see what's changed between versions ? v36 added Spark waypoint compatibility apparently ? Thanks !

The very best way to observe the changes is to mirror the repo, you can then see the literal changes and choose to mirror them again.

Is it me or does the Android 4.1.10 version now FORCE the CE mode ? I thought I had maybe tapped on the wrong box but it's done it three times in a row now, even when hitting cancel the Spark reboots into CE mode and the FCC mode has to be reactivated with a modded 4.1.09.

I hadn't noticed at first because I fly with OTG normally and you can't see the 2.4Ghz channels but the range was so poor I switched to Wi-Fi and noticed I had the 13 CE channels.

Pardon me, quick question please:

I'm trying to run RunMe.bat on Windows (i.e. not using the patcher)

When i get to the "copying original files" part, it opens another window and the progress appears stuck.

How long is reasonable for this stage to pass? should I intervene and do something?

Thank you.

I'm not exactly sure. The apk itself changed a lot after 413, so some of the patches might not be needed on later versions. Also some may not have been done yet. 413 remains my favorite, and maybe even the favorite of the folks making the patches! Unless using a Spark, or using a Mavic with the quickshot firmware, I'm not sure there is any good reason to use anything but 413.

Hey Bin4ry and everyone else, thanks so much for putting the work in to help us do this too. I'm trying to patch 4.1.9, and the GUI version doesn't seem to produce anything in decompile_out when I press decompile, but the command line version seems to be working, but it gets to this point then gives this error, can anyone assist? No doubt I'm making a silly error somewhere.

I: Smaling smali_classes6 folder into classes6.dex...
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building resources...
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.androlib.Androl
ibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec: [aapt, p, --forced-packa
ge-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 21, --version-code, 102
5608, --version-name, 4.1.9, --no-version-vectors, -F, C:\Users\User\AppData\Loc
al\Temp\APKTOOL7910535340477668784.tmp, -0, data, -0, assets/build, -0, webp, -0
, h264, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C
:\PatchAPK\deejayeye-modder-master\decompile_out\res, -M, C:\PatchAPK\deejayeye-
modder-master\decompile_out\AndroidManifest.xml]
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:493)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:427)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:326)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:264)
        at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:231)
        at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:84)
Caused by: brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not
 exec: [aapt, p, --forced-package-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-v
ersion, 21, --version-code, 1025608, --version-name, 4.1.9, --no-version-vectors
, -F, C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL7910535340477668784.tmp, -0, data,
 -0, assets/build, -0, webp, -0, h264, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\User\AppData\Local
\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\PatchAPK\deejayeye-modder-master\decompile_out\
res, -M, C:\PatchAPK\deejayeye-modder-master\decompile_out\AndroidManifest.xml]
        at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.jav
a:441)
        at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:479)
        ... 5 more
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec: [aapt, p, --forced-package
-id, 127, --min-sdk-version, 19, --target-sdk-version, 21, --version-code, 10256
08, --version-name, 4.1.9, --no-version-vectors, -F, C:\Users\User\AppData\Local
\Temp\APKTOOL7910535340477668784.tmp, -0, data, -0, assets/build, -0, webp, -0,
h264, -0, arsc, -I, C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\
PatchAPK\deejayeye-modder-master\decompile_out\res, -M, C:\PatchAPK\deejayeye-mo
dder-master\decompile_out\AndroidManifest.xml]
        at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:97)
        at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.jav
a:435)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "aapt": CreateProcess error=2
, The system cannot find the file specified
        at java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
        at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:90)
        ... 7 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find th
e file specified
        at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
        at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
        ... 10 more
-: Signing with testkey...
Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: __MODDED_APK_OUT__\mod
.apk (The system cannot find the file specified)
        at java.base/java.io.RandomAccessFile.open0(Native Method)
        at java.base/java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.android.apksig.ApkSigner.sign(ApkSigner.java:154)
        at com.android.apksigner.ApkSignerTool.sign(ApkSignerTool.java:277)
        at com.android.apksigner.ApkSignerTool.main(ApkSignerTool.java:89)
The system cannot find the file specified.
-: Cleaning up...
-: Have fun and stay safe
Press any key to continue . . .

13 hours ago, Slippy said:

I'm not exactly sure. The apk itself changed a lot after 413, so some of the patches might not be needed on later versions. Also some may not have been done yet. 413 remains my favorite, and maybe even the favorite of the folks making the patches! Unless using a Spark, or using a Mavic with the quickshot firmware, I'm not sure there is any good reason to use anything but 413.

Can you save cache to SD with 413 ? If no, do you think a patch could allow this ?