Remove CE limits from DJI products and other fun stuff in DJI Go4

Bin4ry

12 hours ago, oakman said:

Good to hear but why do you set manually to 2.4Ghz (by default the RC connects over 5.8Ghz) ?

Video feed is lower quality though (tearing and laggy), I prefer 5.8Ghz ! Will test at the end of the week how effective the FCC patch is (I had only flown my Spark in the USA until now).

This first test was done in 5.8. You can switch to 2.4 if you activate the patch. 

12 minutes ago, oakman said:

Even without the patch you can switch to 2.4 (connect over wifi first then OTG), the question is why you'd want to do it given the significant loss in quality and marginal theoretical increase in range (with FCC power). 

It also increases the penetration... can be useful if you fly behind trees etc

1 minute ago, Invernomuto said:

Hey guys i put .DJI.configs in my iPhone and work(FCC) put file in iPhone friend and my iPad dont work :(..

dont see message “restart for change country” 

any idea?

Same remote and same AC? Remote and AC firmware should not be the latest one. 

20 minutes ago, skrow said:

Same remote and same AC? Remote and AC firmware should not be the latest one. 

Same Aircraft “DJI Spark” same FW AC same FW RC. Same dji go 4 app.

Spark .500FW

RC .300FW

DJI GO 4 v4.1.5

in my iPhone work fine...but iPhone friend and my IPad no work.

Edited by Invernomuto

1 minute ago, Invernomuto said:

Same Aircraft “DJI Spark” same FW AC same FW RC. Same dji go 4 app.

Spark .500FW

RC .300FW

DJI GO 4 v4.1.5

in my iPhone work fine...but iPhone friend and my IPad no work.

It was not working for me with Spark .500 and RC.300

I downgraded both to get Spark .300 and RC.100. Works perfectly now.

18 minutes ago, skrow said:

It was not working for me with Spark .500 and RC.300

I downgraded both to get Spark .300 and RC.100. Works perfectly now.

I work because use mod on dji go 4.13...or i think me work  because : first I Open app on Android (app hacked) use scret menù....fly 5 minutes...and land Spark...kill app,open app on IOS (airmode) and appears message “restart Etc” i press cancel and fly in FCC mode Always.

I think if use before app Android unlock RC ... later it stays in memory on RC, when I use IOS APP i just press cancel to stay in FCC mode.

Guys works !!! Spark .500 - RC .300 - DJI GO 4 v4.1.5. You have to get an Android phone with 4.1.3 V25 unlocked (or v27) app.

First: Connect the phone with RC and then with the Spark. Enter the menu and activate the "US" Aircraft mode restarts Wi-Fi in FCC mode.

Second: Kill Android apps, Kill RC Kill Aircraft. Connect RC with iPhone .. turn on AC. Now, once connected, ask to change Wi-Fi to change Country, press cancel, and enjoy FCC mode for IPhone forever.

Hey,

Just had to register to get some information

I have just created the apk for 4.1.3 and it loaded onto a friends phone fine, but i use a P3 Advanced, with the current version of dji go.

I have enabled the P3 option when creating the app, but when loading it on my friends phone, it didn't give an option for the P3.

Any ideas?

I have a spark on the way, and would like to get longer range for the spark, and possibly the phantom 3 too.

Saw a post in Sparkpilots for a method to check whether you are in FCC or CE mode : look at the number of 2.4 channels, if 11 it's FCC if 13 it's CE.

Can't get .DJI.configs to give me 11 channels but ok with modded apk. Not sure what happens on the RC side with 300 fw though, will have to run some tests. 

4 hours ago, oakman said:

Saw a post in Sparkpilots for a method to check whether you are in FCC or CE mode : look at the number of 2.4 channels, if 11 it's FCC if 13 it's CE.

Can't get .DJI.configs to give me 11 channels but ok with modded apk. Not sure what happens on the RC side with 300 fw though, will have to run some tests. 

Can you use 2.4 with the RC remote also, and having the phone connected to the remote via wifi?

Or do you need the phone connected to the remote via cable?

Does 2.4 give better range, but less video quality? Or what happens with that?

Basically, what is the best setup?

RC and aircraft in 2.4, then rc and phone using USB?

Or RC and aircraft in 5.8, and rc and phone using wifi?

When I was flying in the US my preferred setup was OTG+5.8 as I found that 2.4 had tearing/lagginess/disconnections even in the boonies...now I have a BT watch so that could have come into play. Will turn BT off on it for future tests. 

ok so I did some testing in a huge filed today and found that :

- if you're in FCC mode (thanks to Modded 4.4.13 for instance after accepting the WiFi change there) it will remain if you hit "cancel" with the stock 4.4.15 version

- in FCC with 5.8+OTG I got 800 meter range with no dropouts so could likely have gone further

- in FCC with 5.8+WiFi I started getting weak signal at about 250 meters, same as OTG+5.8 in CE mode so it seems FCC from the remote only works with OTG

- I was in an "enhanced security" zone or whatever it's called and in 5.8+WiFi the screen prompt with two checkboxes kept popping up even though I confirmed each time,  very annoying !

Hope that helps !

On 8/14/2017 at 6:01 PM, Invernomuto said:

Guys works !!! Spark .500 - RC .300 - DJI GO 4 v4.1.5. You have to get an Android phone with 4.1.3 V25 unlocked (or v27) app.

First: Connect the phone with RC and then with the Spark. Enter the menu and activate the "US" Aircraft mode restarts Wi-Fi in FCC mode.

Second: Kill Android apps, Kill RC Kill Aircraft. Connect RC with iPhone .. turn on AC. Now, once connected, ask to change Wi-Fi to change Country, press cancel, and enjoy FCC mode for IPhone forever.

He's right i tried until my iphone asked change country or region, then press cancel, didnt fly yet, will post update tomorrow

1 hour ago, oakman said:

ok so I did some testing in a huge filed today and found that :

- if you're in FCC mode (thanks to Modded 4.4.13 for instance after accepting the WiFi change there) it will remain if you hit "cancel" with the stock 4.4.15 version

- in FCC with 5.8+OTG I got 800 meter range with no dropouts so could likely have gone further

- in FCC with 5.8+WiFi I started getting weak signal at about 250 meters, same as OTG+5.8 in CE mode so it seems FCC from the remote only works with OTG

- I was in an "enhanced security" zone or whatever it's called and in 5.8+WiFi the screen prompt with two checkboxes kept popping up even though I confirmed each time,  very annoying !

Hope that helps !

Did some testing myself last night, my spark arrived to me yesterday at lunch time in australia, so i was finally able to test the app.

It did mention to me something about being in a different location, and i clicked yes, it reset and hasn't done it again ( i assume thats the "Click ok" thing mentioned a few pages back)

with the remote connected to the aircraft, and the phone (google pixel xl) connected to the remote via WIFI, i was able to get 1.2 kms out, direct line of site, not behind trees or anything.

there was a couple of instances where it said video feed poor, but it was only for half a second, and it came straight back.

So i can confirm, that with the FCC mode set (using the hacked app), and with 5.8 set, and with wifi from RC to phone, the range is much better than CE mode (300 - 500 mtrs specified in australia).

Is there a sure fire way to have DJI go 4 app work with phantom 3 advanced? Id love to get the extended range on my P3A.

Thanks

Chris from australia.

I dont use my rc for test..because i modded antennas and now in CE my range is x2 in 2.4ghz and x3 in 5.8ghz.

i modded antennas only for strong signal.

if i use FCC....hehehe very good signal!! No house or trees cause problem!!

Edited by Invernomuto

2 hours ago, Invernomuto said:

I dont use my rc for test..because i modded antennas and now in CE my range is x2 in 2.4ghz and x3 in 5.8ghz.

i modded antennas only for strong signal.

if i use FCC....hehehe very good signal!! No house or trees cause problem!!

Can you give us details on your modded antennas?

On 8/14/2017 at 6:01 PM, Invernomuto said:

I have tried is several times doesnt work for me anymore!! Only the first time! Now i keep putting it in US in android modded v4.1.3 but when i go back to ios it doesnt ask me anything anymore!! What do i do??!!

Did you apply the .DJI.configs patch? Maybe it's working and seeing that the Spark is set to FCC and therefore shows no pop-up?

By the way, am I the only one for which panorama doesn't work in the hacked 4.4.13? The app crashes during the stitching process for me. Have to reinstall 4.4.15 to stitch panos, which is a pain.

I still like to use it for the POI mode and Follow-Me seems to work as well and since it's GPS based it doesn't lose you like Active Track can. 

3 hours ago, oakman said:

Did you apply the .DJI.configs patch? Maybe it's working and seeing that the Spark is set to FCC and therefore shows no pop-up?

By the way, am I the only one for which panorama doesn't work in the hacked 4.4.13? The app crashes during the stitching process for me. Have to reinstall 4.4.15 to stitch panos, which is a pain.

I still like to use it for the POI mode and Follow-Me seems to work as well and since it's GPS based it doesn't lose you like Active Track can. 

It works now, thnq do u have 2 use the dji.config patch in combo with 4.1.3 modd?