Remove CE limits from DJI products and other fun stuff in DJI Go4

Bin4ry

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎24 at 4:57 AM, Tanos said:

Is there any chance modifying the bitrate of the Mavic?

I looked and looked and looked some more through the apk and while there are most certainly many references to bitrate, not a single one of them indicated that the bitrate details are part of the apk itself, which suggests to me that it is in the firmware.

6 hours ago, oakman said:

2.5km is a lot though probably not very useful on a daily basis since you probably have barely enough to get back!I top out at 1.5k which is fine. 

Don't get the region warning oddly enough, maybe the FCC patch that I never removed works now! 

Yeah the range is not very useul that's right ? but it's interesting to test though. I get to 2km and back very good on one battery But if there would be strong winds you will get a problem getting home, so I did not have enough courage to fly further away.

21 minutes ago, Slippy said:

I looked and looked and looked some more through the apk and while there are most certainly many references to bitrate, not a single one of them indicated that the bitrate details are part of the apk itself, which suggests to me that it is in the firmware.

Did not look into this yet. Maybe ask in the slack channel. I think there were some posts regarding this.

Best Regards

Hello everybody

I'm a French Mavic owner and I would like to share some information with you.

Before buying my Mavic, I sent many emails to DJI in order to know whether the CE limitation was soft, hard or both. It was very difficult to get an answer but they finally said answered "both" (I have an email from them). Thus, I decided to buy my Mavic in the US not to have the "hard" limitation when I travel outside Europe. On the back of my remote controller, it is written FCC whereas it is written CE for a drone bought in France.

As said I leave in France under CE limitation, and my flying range is about 2.5km at home in a medium dense wifi area and without any modification or hack (DJI GO 4 4.1.5.3 and Mavic firmware .900). One month before, I have been able to fly as far as 3.5km in a US desert area (in sport mode, you can reach this distance, spend 5mn to take pictures or film and come back even with a little wind and land with 15% battery left)

Last weak, I discovered this forum and I tried the modified 4.1.3 DJI GO 4 version after having verified I was in "US" mode. I did not see any real range improvement at home.

What do you think about it ? Could the range effectively be a combination of soft and hard limitation ?

Just to report that Spark with the latest .600 FW (RC=.400), the FCC patch still works. I use the modded 4.1.3 GO app to set FCC on one Android device and then use my other daily phone with the official 4.1.5 to fly. Without OTG and on 5.8GHz I got to at least 900m without any connection issues. In CE mode the "weak image" warnings start at about 150m.

Edited by JeeHaa

30272586be.jpgHi everyone!

I'm am a new member here, thank you for the good work so far. I have some questions about the patchapk.exe

I run it as administrator.

First: When i click file --> apk version--> 4.1.8 ist dosent stay there. if i try it again to check ist still stays on 4.1.3.  i cant choose 4.1.8

During Patch i have an issue. It says: 

Error: Assertion failed: hunk, file ../patch-2.5.9-src/patch.c, line 354

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information.

I use dji version 4.1.8 from apk mirror and changed the name to orig.apk.

at the windows command line it works well, but i cant choose the version ( like 4.1.3 or 4.1.8 )

ca anyone please help me?

Ok, thank you ! The bat Version works fine, i use this for patching.

the apk version select works now in the windows version, thanks ! But i still get that error when i try to patch:

<-------------- Decompile Complete ----------->

<-------------- Begin Patch -------------->

Applying Patch: forceFCC

Result: patching file smali_classes3/dji/apppublic/reflect/AppPublicReflect.smali

Error: Assertion failed: hunk, file ../patch-2.5.9-src/patch.c, line 354

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

<-------------- Patch Complete ----------->

I have no clue why.

I just try on W10 and W7 with few DJI versions and recived this error  all the time. CMD and GUI tested. 

Can You help ?

-: Signing with testkey...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/misc/BASE64Encoder
        at s.Sign.addDigestsToManifest(Sign.java:108)
        at s.Sign.sign(Sign.java:454)
        at s.Sign.main(Sign.java:532)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.misc.BASE64Encoder
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        ... 3 more
-: Cleaning up...
-: Have fun and stay safe

On ‎2017‎-‎08‎-‎29 at 12:28 AM, Aladin said:

What do you think about it ? Could the range effectively be a combination of soft and hard limitation ?

Possibly. 0700 is a popular firmware if you were wanting to experiment.

32 minutes ago, Koncio said:

I just try on W10 and W7 with few DJI versions and recived this error  all the time. CMD and GUI tested. 

Can You help ?

Now that is a new one! Knowing Bin4ry he'll probably have an explanation at some point, but I recently patched 418 and it didn't do that.

1 hour ago, Koncio said:

Can You help ?

-: Signing with testkey...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/misc/BASE64Encoder
        at s.Sign.addDigestsToManifest(Sign.java:108)
        at s.Sign.sign(Sign.java:454)
        at s.Sign.main(Sign.java:532)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.misc.BASE64Encoder
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        ... 3 more
-: Cleaning up...
-: Have fun and stay safe

Yup - same here.