Remove CE limits from DJI products and other fun stuff in DJI Go4

Bin4ry

1 hour ago, wookie_666 said:

I can confirm that it works with the remote on 400 and drone on 600

Brilliant, thanks!

1 hour ago, wookie_666 said:

can someone please send me a link to download the latest 4.1.5 or 4.1.7 whatever is available. I cant seem to get the latest apks to modify.

Theres a link to the APK in this discussion on Github:

https://github.com/Bin4ry/deejayeye-modder/issues/44

On 13.8.2017 at 8:40 PM, oakman said:

Good to hear but why do you set manually to 2.4Ghz (by default the RC connects over 5.8Ghz) ?

Video feed is lower quality though (tearing and laggy), I prefer 5.8Ghz ! Will test at the end of the week how effective the FCC patch is (I had only flown my Spark in the USA until now).

I know this was posted some days ago, but i wanted to comment anyway.

Just not true. Did you really test in different occasions, a general statement like this is very bad. 

If there are many 2.4Ghz Wifis in the area this might be true, but it might be exactly the opposite if you have many 5.8Ghz in the area. Do you really think 2.4Ghz is not able to transfer enough data for a decent videostream? If this would be the case every home wifi would not be able to stream videos if you are using it on 2.4Ghz, which is clearly not the case. 

So please people stop using general terms. I use 2.4Ghz on a regular base and i never had any tearin and lagging issues, on the contrary on 5.8Ghz i get the far worse videostream and cannot fly away much further than 100 meters before loosing video at all ... 

2.4 and 5.8 are both perfectly capable of transmitting the videostream of the spark in the best possible quality without quality issues, it just depends on your envoirment (a BT watch MIGHTbe enough to cause problems on 2.4Ghz!). 

Only thing which is true in general is that 2.4G has a much better penetration depth than 5G, or said different a higher frequency is being damped more. So in general 2.4G can reach much longer distances and can better go through walls / trees etc. and 2.4G with the same power! 

I personally would always choose 2.4G instead of 5G, only thing better on 5G is the bandwidth, but the bandwidth on 2.4G is by far sufficient enough for everything which gets transmitted by the drone, there is absolutely no need for more bandwidth than 2.4G can give you. Only reason to switch to 5G is when the 2.4G band is too much polluted, on every other case you should choose 2.4G.

Best Regards

Edited by Bin4ry

"Best Regards" my a??! What an idiotic post, are you having a bad day or something?! I'm not even going to waste my time commenting since you dug out an old post to go on that little rant without even bothering to read the related follow-up messages. 

Anyway back on topic, happy to report that with the latest Android updates the little Spark is performing well and I've been racing motorboats, tons of fun! More battery life like on the Mavic wouldn't hurt of course but you can't have everything. The DJI app does seem to be a little less snappy for some reason but at least there haven't been any crashes. 

Edited by oakman

8 hours ago, oakman said:

Wow what an idiotic post! Are you having a bad day or something? I'm not even going to waste my time commenting since you dug out an old post to go on that little rant without even bothering to read the related follow-up messages. 

Anyway back on topic, happy to report that with the latest Android updates the little Spark is performing well and I've been racing motorboats, tons of fun! More battery life like on the Mavic wouldn't hurt of course but you can't have everything. The DJI app does seem to be a little less snappy for some reason but at least there haven't been any crashes. 

No ranting at all, i just said that you should not generalize. Please explain me why my post is idiotic? I read the follow up messages, by you guys and i just wanted to explain whats going on, so whats idiotic there? 

EDIT:

Here is one of your follow up posts:

On 14.8.2017 at 10:47 AM, oakman said:

Even without the patch you can switch to 2.4 (connect over wifi first then OTG), the question is why you'd want to do it given the significant loss in quality and marginal theoretical increase in range (with FCC power). 

What does it change in comparision to your old post? You still say there is a loss in quality, which is not true in genreal. that is why i said please do not generalize, this is no rant at all! The loss in quality will only happen if you have too much wifi noise! And why should the increase in range be theoretical? 

So, no rant from me, i just want to correct this incorrect statements.

This are the measured tx power levels from user triangular on slack:

Mavic:
2.4GHz
FCC:<=26 dBm; CE: <=20 dBm; SRRC:<=20 dBm; MIC:<=18 dBm
5.2 GHz
FCC:<=23 dBm
5.8 GHz
FCC:<=23 dBm; CE <=13 dBm; SRRC: <=23 dBm; MIC: -

Spark:
2.4 GHz
FCC: 25 dBm; CE: 18 dBm; SRRC: 18 dBm; MIC:18 dBm
5.8 GHz
FCC: 27 dBm; CE: 14 dBm; SRRC: 27 dBm; MIC: -

As we can see Spark 2.4G vs 5G on FCC has 2dB power difference -> lets say it would be 3dB more power to make math easier. This would mean power is doubled.

Let's calculate the free space loss on 1km. 

2400 Mhz: 100 dB

5000Mhz: 106.4 dB

That means the free space loss is ~4 times higher on 5G than on 2.4G. Which makes the impact here as we only transmit with 2 times higher power on 5G. 

Maybe i did an error here, if so please correct me.

Best Regards

Edited by Bin4ry

Yes it could be done, but i prefer to wait, since i hope they will release the version with the "offline mode" they announced. I know for spark users (like myself) 4.1.5 has some new features, but my time is currently extreme limited, and they release new versions (even with the same version number but other versionCode) very often. So if there is not version bump in the next week i will port patches to 4.1.5 and release them.

Best Regards

Excellent.

I really appreciate all the effort yourself and others have gone into for this to work.

I do know a little bit about coding, although not enough to just jump in and port things across, i wish there was another way i can help

Currently, I have modified a 4.1.5 version using your windows GUI app. And it works, but im not sure how efficient it is. As its not as good as my 4.1.3 modified version in terms of range, without glitchiness in the video

The 4.1.3 version will get 2kms easy without glitching using OTG

the 4.1.5 version will glitch randomly but still get a decent range, like 1.4kms or something.

One other question, when switching from a modified version to a stock version of the app, i cant get the app to warn me about changing areas and restarting wifi. It just seems to either get long distance with the modded app and short distance with the stock app.

Is there a better way of finding out if its currently on FCC or CE through the app? Both the modded and stock versions show 13 channels in 2.4, but theres a definite range difference. So far thats the only way ive been able to tell.

3 minutes ago, wookie_666 said:

Currently, I have modified a 4.1.5 version using your windows GUI app. And it works, but im not sure how efficient it is. As its not as good as my 4.1.3 modified version in terms of range, without glitchiness in the video

The 4.1.3 version will get 2kms easy without glitching using OTG

the 4.1.5 version will glitch randomly but still get a decent range, like 1.4kms or something.

One other question, when switching from a modified version to a stock version of the app, i cant get the app to warn me about changing areas and restarting wifi. It just seems to either get long distance with the modded app and short distance with the stock app.

Is there a better way of finding out if its currently on FCC or CE through the app? Both the modded and stock versions show 13 channels in 2.4, but theres a definite range difference. So far thats the only way ive been able to tell.

You cannot check it on 4.1.5 since they removed the hidden dialog, only with this channels, this would be an indicator yes. 

I only use 4.13 with my spark and get the same range as you ~2km. Never tested it on 4.1.5 though

Also we added a new patch for 4.1.3, this will enable the "Video Cache"-switch also for spark, so you can disable the video caching which increases the app performance for some people and reduces the app crashes :-)

Best Regards

Yes you have to rebuild the app. You can keep track of new patches on the github repo, you can see if something was added pretty easy, also i did a version bump to make it easy to see that there is something new.

The Windows GUI app is not from me, it just happens to be in the repo, i don't think it was updated to include the new patch already, better use the cmdline to be sure ;)

Best Regards

Edited by Bin4ry

I updated the GUI, so feel free to run whatever you want :D 

The cmdline is the batch file, yes. Just double click it to run (run as admin) but as i said i recompiled the patcher app and moved it to the main-folder so it can work with the new patches ;) 

Best Regards

Just now, Bin4ry said:

I updated the GUI, so feel free to run whatever you want :D 

The cmdline is the batch file, yes. Just double click it to run (run as admin) but as i said i recompiled the patcher app and moved it to the main-folder so it can work with the new patches ;) 

Best Regards

Thanks mate. I just downloaded a new zip file from github, and patched 4.1.3 again, I used the batch file and it asked me which patches i wanted to run, it had the cache one on there, so i assume it was updated and patched correctly.

Hey Bin4ry,

I dont have a video cache switch in my app? am i doing something wrong when installing new apps. Should I completely remove all files from the old one somehow? as i cant get it to prompt me to change area either when trying to go from modded app to stock app from the app store.

Very odd, maybe better come on slack to chat directly. For today i have to go now. But on slack are many people who might be able to help and willing to. We discuss this apk in #android_apk_patching channel.

Here is the slack link again for everyone: 

Update link:

https://join.slack.com/t/dji-rev/shared_invite/MjIzMTI1MDA5MDcyLTE1MDIyMDgyNTItNzZkNTZhZjY4NQ

Best Regards

Edited by Bin4ry

4 hours ago, wookie_666 said:

Ok. so if i mod 4.1.3 again using your windows GUI? ill be able to disable video cache and get better performance?

Whats the best way to keep up to date with changes made on these patches Bin4ry?

Interesting, when I did a 100 meter Dronie this morning all of a sudden the feed became laggy (haven't checked the result in the app yet but it can't be good), might be related to the caching. Actually I switched caching to the SD card, maybe not a good idea as the built-in storage would be faster. That could explain why I was finding 4.1.15 to be a bit "laggy" compared to 4.1.13.

With 4.1.5 I lost the connection this morning over the water at 1.5km using the "range extender" which doesn't sound normal since I got 1.5km last week with 4.1.14over land without extenders.

6 hours ago, oakman said:

Interesting, when I did a 100 meter Dronie this morning all of a sudden the feed became laggy (haven't checked the result in the app yet but it can't be good), might be related to the caching. Actually I switched caching to the SD card, maybe not a good idea as the built-in storage would be faster. That could explain why I was finding 4.1.15 to be a bit "laggy" compared to 4.1.13.

With 4.1.5 I lost the connection this morning over the water at 1.5km using the "range extender" which doesn't sound normal since I got 1.5km last week with 4.1.14over land without extenders.

Yeah. I can't seem to patch the app properly. I mean I know the fcc hack works cause of the extended range. But I don't get a video cache toggle to switch on or off. And I don't get the drone asking me to change regions going from the modded app to stock app

ok so a weird thing happened,

Im on the latest updates for everything

I even installed latest update for dji go 4 from the play store.

My drone doesn't prompt me to change region, and I was just able to get 2.5kms on the same route ive always been taking.

So basically, running official app, and latest updates, im still on FCC in a ce country

Hm Strange indeed but good for you ?

It is known that they have several folders in the root of your sdcard. They contain tmp files and config files etc. So when switching between modded and unmodded versions this behaviour was reported to happen if you do not remove the folders prior install of the official app. 

Why you don't get the video cache switch is kind of strange to me, should work.

Best Regards

2.5km is a lot though probably not very useful on a daily basis since you probably have barely enough to get back!I top out at 1.5k which is fine. 

Don't get the region warning oddly enough, maybe the FCC patch that I never removed works now!