SSH Web Terminal Client Module

Ei8htbits

What is up! I'm new to the community and glad to find tons of answers to most of my questions regarding my new nano. I sorta dabble in web development but not an expert with my nano. I was just curious to porting a Web based SSH Terminal Client into a module. Has anyone worked on this idea, yet? I've searched and haven't found a particular tread on this subject. Most of my experience has been reverse engineering. I currently use different clients to SSH into my device but would like to see or help develop some type of internal module that allows to ssh into itself without using a client on Linux, Windows, or iOS. Run your everyday command plus what the nano or tetra provide. I'm just reaching out to get an opinion regarding this idea. Is it good one, is it possible, or will it be to big of a project? Let me know what you think? Cheers :P

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man, here to help you out, I've tried using openwrt-shellinabox and works well on web browsers, though it doesn't scale well on mobile.

Source: https://github.com/OnionIoT/OpenWRT-Packages/tree/master/shellinabox

Compiled package: https://mega.nz/#!CokDRIqB!RFihHl9iCgkvrbSYwebjwYwchHreP_OFfUnfWDo72hc

Compiled by Zylla. Thread

Installation: 
opkg install shellinabox_2.10-1_ar71xx.ipk

Connecting to the shellinabox window

172.16.42.1:4200

7JJGEeL.png

Though I much prefer the command line similar to pfsense's

Exec.php_command_output.jpg

Hey chief, thanks for looking out. That didn't take long at all. I've been following you posts and appreciate the Evil Portal site ports you provided wild back. This will work with the idea I have and personally I feel the same regarding ssh. Just gives me something to do and practice. Again, Thanks for looking out ace! Cheers :P

• 3 weeks later...

I've managed to use what you gave me... Which helped me a lot. Now I'm trying to package everything for a automated installation including busybox shellinbox along with my module design. Thanks again chief. Cheers!

I've been using this on the tetra plugged into my lan and when I go to my IP 192.168.0.150:4200, I only get one line that I can see and the rest of the screen is white. Even doing a simple 'ls' command, I can't see the directory or what's in it.   I'll get some pictures later to help with a visual. Now when I first did this on my nano it worked great and the other day I went to it and same thing as my tetra.  My nano was plugged into the PC itself.  I've been using a mbp and chrome browser, I don't know if that will matter.

8 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

I've been using this on the tetra plugged into my lan and when I go to my IP 192.168.0.150:4200, I only get one line that I can see and the rest of the screen is white. Even doing a simple 'ls' command, I can't see the directory or what's in it.   I'll get some pictures later to help with a visual. Now when I first did this on my nano it worked great and the other day I went to it and same thing as my tetra.  My nano was plugged into the PC itself.  I've been using a mbp and chrome browser, I don't know if that will matter.

I had the same issue. But all I do is refresh my browser and it gives me the full parameters I've set. 

Okay I Think i'm completely done. I have created a install.sh file install the module for the time being. I just need to test it before posting it.  I got this done with little to zero help... so bare with my scripting. I should keep you cats posted...

Testing done.  This is the final look for the module and setup multiple terminals pop-up for different jobs (For my terminal junkies). This is my first ever project for the nano. Hope you cats dig it. I like to thank kbeflo for pointing me in the right direction. Also, I have to shoutout to Zylla for compiling the package.  All I did was develope the php files and install script for the module.

Here's where you can get the module for now for those that can't wait.

https://github.com/Ei8htbits/SSHWebClient

I still need to submit it for review and approval. 

soon... just having minor issues with my php. I keep getting a single line when I run the install. I'm trying to figure this out to fix the installation. or maybe its just happening to me.

I noticed upon downloading via wget, the install.sh is not executable untill you # chmod +x install.sh . After that it worked fine on both Nano and Tetra.  So on the Nano using 172.16.42.1 it works but im having an issue with the Tetra.  My Tetra is plugged into my router so I access it through 192.168.0.150 and not the 172.16.42.1.  The terminals will not show up.  Im assuming this is the same issue I encounter with EP on my Tetra.

EDIT: I changed the IP address for the module on my Tetra and it works great.

well I found a simple solution.... I'm going to re-upload this in a few. Once I do, can someone test this out on their device? It works just fine on my nano but need a second or third confirmation. I'll post the link once its up, Cheers :P

Late night drinking caused me to accidentally delete my repo in github. Ooops! Well, I spent most of the day re-coding everything and I think I may have fixed the ip issue. Let me know you have any issues... Cheers :P and good night... I think.

Here's the new link and files:

https://github.com/Ei8htbits/SSHWebClient

Really?.... Damn it! It works perfectly for me. Let me test it again. I'm still trying to understand php. Give me a few days and I should have something ready. Man, I really thought I had this one. Shit :P

Hi guys. I just got the message about this module, and some errors being experienced related to SD-card installation.
Just wanted you to know that i'll look into it asap. I haven't tested this module yet, so this will be fun. :)
Looks cool!

So this will be a very silly question, when you guys do get this working, how do I go about updating it so mine will work as well? Just re-do the steps listed on the GIthub site or is there a different way to update it?

Archived