MavicPilots.com Alternative CopterSafe Hack & Mod Discussion

MavproxyUser

10 hours ago, enderffx said:

Do you have any idea if that version supports Spark as well ? If not then all this probably is irrelevant for Spark, right ?

---Trying to get a grip on this, but just beeing a regular coder and not well versed on hacking / rev engeneering its hard for me---

Ender

I've successfully tested all of this on Spark. It is all applicable for the following models Spark, Mavic, P4, Inspire2

1 hour ago, mavicBreak said:

What is the reason? All firmware files from 200 to 900 are already available in a github repo.

For one Github is known to comply with requests to takedown content if copyright holder asks. Secondarily... I just wasn't aware of said repo. =] The more mirrors the better at this point. Also keep in mind there are 4 different aircraft Spark, Mavic, Inspire2 and Phantom4. I don't believe *all* have been archived. Never mind the A3, and other devices assistant supports. 

Edited by MavproxyUser

found something about ce/fcc switching, this method is from dji china forum, i try to translate to english here

It is depend on dji go app

how it work:

dji go app will first get location from data network, if no data network, then it will get from sim card carrier/operator; if no data network and no sim card, then set to CE as default

so, you can fake it by a android with root

1) clean install, remove all cache from dji go app (not sure is it necessary)

2) disconnect from data network

3) use app to fake country operater code to US

http://androidadvices.com/fake-country-operator-carrier-download-paid-android-apps/

4) start dji go app

how to check result ?

the only version can check is 4.0.6

go to setting, keep click on "Flight Controller SN", then it will pop up a secret menu and show country code

actually there is a password to change code manually, and also device SN !

but he don't share the password because it is too danger to share to public (but I guess we can change SN by web socket command ?)

attached secret menu creenshot found on my phone

IMG_20170629_020911.thumb.jpg.be7aeb212d1b1090ec11731f8ef4446c.jpg

Edited by singlag
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, singlag said:

found something about ce/fcc switching, this method is from dji china forum, i try to translate to english here

how it work:

dji go app will first get location from data network, if no data network, then it will get from sim card carrier/operator; if no data network and no sim card, then set to CE as default

http://androidadvices.com/fake-country-operator-carrier-download-paid-android-apps/

4) start dji go app

how to check result ?

go to setting, keep click on "Flight Controller SN", then it will pop up a secret menu and show country code

but he don't share the password because it is too danger to share to public (but I guess we can change SN by web socket command ?)

IMG_20170629_020911.thumb.jpg.995bc012ce2ce7db7b95d5dd562ebc0b.jpg

translate chinese word from screenshot

enter password <- contact Nathan.yan for password

data upload uuid=344....

user center uid=7210

HK enter country code

enter SN enter testing SN

Set

Edited by singlag

5 minutes ago, singlag said:

how it work:

4) start dji go app

how to check result ?

Screenshot_2017-06-29-01-28-31.png

nice work thanks for sharing. 

1 hour ago, MavproxyUser said:

nice work thanks for sharing. 

Hi !

I was under the impression that DJI has the copter decide if it is in FCC / CE country based on GPS location and using an internal FCC/CE map.

There was a successful probe to fake sat transmissions (you can do with $150 Hardware) while shiielding he real sats or inside.

You have to do that while Mavic Startup, COntroller or Android App does not come into play.

Did you try with RF meter if Tx / Rx  power changes ?!

maybe this is just for the WiFI connection, like WiFixManager.apk ?

WOULD be great but hard to believe :-(

Ender

14 hours ago, singlag said:

translate chinese word from screenshot

enter password <- contact Nathan.yan for password

data upload uuid=344....

user center uid=7210

HK enter country code

enter SN enter testing SN

Set

password = djitestcc

country code set success, try set to US if you are at Euro and tell us the result

FCC - Mod:

By the way, tried with RF meter, you do not have to change provider ID or country code or anything at all (S7 Edge, Nougat).

Simply install 4.0.6, hit thst SN 11 times, use password, US, FC SN and GO.

In the original chinese forum where singlag pointed us (thanks again) there is something about "changing FC SN" so i used my FC SN to be sure. And i wrote it down before.

Greetings,

Ender

30 minutes ago, enderffx said:

FCC - Mod:

By the way, tried with RF meter, you do not have to change provider ID or country code or anything at all (S7 Edge, Nougat).

Simply install 4.0.6, hit thst SN 11 times, use password, US, FC SN and GO.

In the original chinese forum where singlag pointed us (thanks again) there is something about "changing FC SN" so i used my FC SN to be sure. And i wrote it down before.

Greetings,

Ender

no need to input sn, just leave it blank

the popup menu after submit said, it only updated country code

dji go will use drone gps or device gps to query location form internet and then set fcc/ce, so you must disconnect from data network while.using this fcc mod

and I guess it send a shell command like "iw reg set US"; if it is correct, we may use this exploit to execute some shell command to enable telnet.d, then get root ?

Edited by singlag

13 hours ago, singlag said:

password = djitestcc

country code set success, try set to US if you are at Euro and tell us the result

on my android go4 when secret menu appear the user center uid is blank...why is that and why blank in my case...tx!

observed that the country code will revert at any app restart

Disable Critical auto Return to home 

we can confirm this works and has been hover tested

Enter Dji assistant in debug mode. 

Goto flight settings >> battery. 

Switch to Non dji battery 

change both level of warnings below to warning (led) 

✅ DONE

more on this

it disables critical auto RTH 

it shuts off the flight bar timer at the top and the bar remains GREEN. The whole flight, the home point marker on the bar vanishes. 

The battery levels and percentage on the top right corner still show correct battery life.  

The controller no longer beeps at u annoyingly because the critical RTH IS OFF.

doing this mod Turns off ALL power warning messages and alarms and indicators .. so use with caution. 

This has been hover tested at 1 meter high.

from 100% to 8% battery and not once did it engage any RTH or alarm. 

This hasn't been tested at major altitude so keep an eye on your battery levels. 

Join our group Facebook s largest Dji Mod/exploit page

hi guys, i've been reading around before posting !

unfortunately i'm not into hacking so much .. so i can not help under that aspect :-( but i'm very curious and trying to understand!

By using the Dji assistant beta through a VM i can really change those settings as stated here:

https://aeon7me.wordpress.com/

by looking at those screenshot seems so.. anyone had success doing that?

11 minutes ago, Simi said:

hi guys, i've been reading around before posting !

unfortunately i'm not into hacking so much .. so i can not help under that aspect :-( but i'm very curious and trying to understand!

By using the Dji assistant beta through a VM i can really change those settings as stated here:

https://aeon7me.wordpress.com/

by looking at those screenshot seems so.. anyone had success doing that?

check my post here its much simpler:

https://github.com/mefistotelis/phantom-firmware-tools/issues/36#issuecomment-312030452

• Upvote 1