hak.5 slowly drifting away

hakgipc

Youtube views are over all, not per month. 1 year old episodes have had 12 months to gather views while current ones have fewer.

Also, we now release in 4 different formats along with Divx Stage6. Youtube versions normally hit the net on the 6th as well.

Our numbers to date have increased 13 fold since the pilot on August 5th 2005.

hak51year.png

Obviously spikes are episode releases.

ive just noticed that on youtube from the early episodes you guys have over 10k views now you are like under 1k do whats happening?

Well my guess of what's happening is that the newer episodes aren't as old as the older episodes and haven't had as much time to receive hits as the episodes which have been up on Youtube for longer period of time.

Also, people might be starting to realize its much more convenient to download a copy on to their harddrive (unless they're limited on space).

Edit: Darren got to it first it looks like.

Personally, now that they supply other formats, I download those and watch them at my convenience. Sometimes in my cube, which is something I wouldnt be able to do if it were a YouTube only distribution. Our firewall rules don't allow Hak5(cites proxy avoidance of all things), or Youtube, so I am somewhat limited.

I dunno. Maybe. There are a million and one of these video agregator sites. youtube, revver, veoh, brightcove, undo.tv, tvtonic, a bunch more that i can't think of at the moment. and we'll probably publish to all of them. (which makes checking stats a real pain) as it is now i already have to login to 6 sites to see how we're doing.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that maybe ning would be a good idea for Hak.5 videos.

Ning lets you make a custom video site simillar to youtube.

mine is http://haroldsearchnetworksvideo.ning.com/

And the video player used will have your name Hak.5 on it if you upload the video, as for older eps, they also let you embed youtube videos!

I think this may be a good way to get all the videos in one central place so every one know exactly where to go. And you will have less sites to check.

ive just noticed that on youtube from the early episodes you guys have over 10k views now you are like under 1k do whats happening?

hak5 is stong.

if you Trusted your Technolust you wouldent ask questions like that.

well i dont watch on you tube .. so take into consideration on those who dont either

the issue is th last 2 episodes havent been your best .. yeah 1 was a great documentry and last time you are moving house so i can understand, but first time views are SOO imperssed

well i dont watch on you tube .. so take into consideration on those who dont either

the issue is th last 2 episodes havent been your best .. yeah 1 was a great documentry and last time you are moving house so i can understand, but first time views are SOO imperssed

Yeah I know thats the opinion of some and I respect that. People tune in every month with expectations of hacks, mods, software, etc and we need to continue with that. I've expressed my beliefs about the PP docu ad nauseum and 2x06 we had to cut short with the house. I wish I could say that 2x07 will be a breeze in production but we get the new house on the 15th and have to have the apartment closed by the 30th and it's a lot to move so it hasnt been your typical episode production schedule around here. I'm sure we'll get back to basics soon and everyone will understand.

If this was our full time job things would be different but for the time being it's still a hobby we do on the side for fun and we're super dedicated but there are only so many hours with other commitments like our real jobs so, anyway, I just hope you understand and stick with it because we're in it for the long haul.

yeah as i said i understand why .. i was wondering why do you just get other people to contribute? like have people send in videos that you have pre-approved

yeah as i said i understand why .. i was wondering why do you just get other people to contribute? like have people send in videos that you have pre-approved

That's kinda what B.S.O.D. does, and it's cool. It works for them.

But I personally like Hak5 with the in-house cast. With guests interacting with them.

It's comforting, like Mac and Cheese. :)

• 2 months later...