Extremly bad Signal stregnth

RazerBlade

Hi Again!

So I have had the wifi pineapple for a couple of weeks and the results have been mixed. I have not used that much and I can say that it is at least a really good concept. Anyway when I today looked at the module SignalStrength I noticed that wlan0 is so much stronger than wlan1. This concerns me because is not wlan1 used always for the offensive attacks like PineAp and other stuff. I don't know if my pineapple is broken or not but this could be why my results have been very poor. I'm using the same antennas for 

wlan0

wlan0.thumb.JPG.3b72d658c22cf969458bf1d63558418c.JPG

wlan1

wlan1.thumb.JPG.2b30d738ec6550ef17bdcca61798d452.JPG

As you can see is the differences pretty big. PineAp is disabled and the Pineapple was freshly factory rested. I have not contacted Hakshop but will maybe do in the future. I think it should not behave this way or should it? Very poor performance when running PineAp so I expect not...

From memory (and as usual I may be wrong) the pineapples use 2 different radios. Wireless: Atheros AR9331 (wlan0) + Atheros AR9271 (wlan1). The pineapple functions are tied to use the strengths of each radio. As they are not identical I think its normal to see varying results from each radio using identical antenna.