Using bunny as wifi adapter

Sebast1242

4 hours ago, Sebast1242 said:

Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to use the bash bunny as a wifi adapter(you plug it into a PC that has ethernet connection and then you can access the connection via wifi). 

The Wifi Pineapple Nano can do this, but so can a ten dollar usb wifi adapter...

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, m40295 said:

I think I get what you're asking,

Look at 

payloads/library/remote_access/UndercoverBunny

I believe that's what you're looking for

I tried to use this method to "Bunny Boost" or boost the Bunny's network onto a WiFi connection so I can access it from other PCs while it's connected to another PC on the same WiFi. Would be an amazing attack but sadly it is very hard to tell the PC to use the Bunny's network as the base network for the hotspot. :(

EDIT: This is my octet post. :D +1 to the first guy who gets it :P (It was a post or so ago).

Edited by Dave-ee Jones

13 minutes ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

I tried to use this method to "Bunny Boost" or boost the Bunny's network onto a WiFi connection so I can access it from other PCs while it's connected to another PC on the same WiFi. Would be an amazing attack but sadly it is very hard to tell the PC to use the Bunny's network as the base network for the hotspot. :(

EDIT: This is my octet post. :D +1 to the first guy who gets it :P (It was a post or so ago).

For the first part wouldn't you just need to add some routing?  Then it wouldn't matter if it's on a wifi or lan, the bunny's network would be accessible from the local network and systems attached to it.  Maybe not, just tried doing some research on it and it appears to be where networking lingo starts turning to hieroglyphics for me.  From what I was able to understand you'd probably have to add the route to the router in control of the network but that doesn't seem right or straight forward either.

For the second part "it's your 11111111 post!" Congrats!

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, bored369 said:

For the first part wouldn't you just need to add some routing?  Then it wouldn't matter if it's on a wifi or lan, the bunny's network would be accessible from the local network and systems attached to it.  Maybe not, just tried doing some research on it and it appears to be where networking lingo starts turning to hieroglyphics for me.  From what I was able to understand you'd probably have to add the route to the router in control of the network but that doesn't seem right or straight forward either.

For the second part "it's your 11111111 post!" Congrats!

No, it's not very straightforward.

Basically what I was trying to do was use the Bunny as an ethernet adapter and then use Windows 10's hotspot functionality to WiFi boost the Bunny's network. Instead of doing that it WiFi boosted it's own internet connection. I tried to trick it into thinking it was it's main source of network connection (disabled all other adapters so the Bunny's was the only one left) but it just disabled the Bunny's as well (because it is Ethernet Connection 2 if you disable the Ethernet Connection it stops all other Ethernet Connection adapters). So I was stuck and just left it as a dead project.

However, if someone CAN get that to work I had an idea of allowing my WabbitWeb payload to be accessible over WiFi so what I could do was plug the Bunny into the PC and have the PC hotspot for the Bunny. Then I could walk away from the PC and launch payloads remotely from my phone (connect to the WiFi network and access WabbitWeb via the Bunny's IP).

Also, if it was working that would mean it could only serve for 2-3 PCs because of the DHCP server only serving 172.16.64.10 -> 172.16.64.12 or whatever it is. That would need to be extended, just in case others used it. 

Another potential use is using the PC as a rogue AP.. :ohmy: Just the thought of routing all traffic through the Bunny (even hosting DNS!) via the PC's hotspot is exciting!

Ah, you got it :D (the octet remark)

Edited by Dave-ee Jones