problem with RNDIS_ETHERNET

omriman067

hey guys. I just got my bash bunny and I think that i'm having some issues with it.

I'm under the impressions that RNDIS_ETHERNET is not working properly.

i tried to run the following paylod:

LED B SLOW

ATTACKMODE RNDIS_ETHERNET
LED STAGE1
DELAY 5000
GET TARGET_IP;GET TARGET_HOSTNAME;GET HOST_IP

ATTACKMODE HID
LED STAGE2
RUN WIN NOTEPAD
Q DELAY 1000
Q STRING Switch#:${SWITCH_POSITION} - IP:${TARGET_IP} - HOST:${TARGET_HOSTNAME} - BunnyIP: ${HOST_IP}

LED FINISH

and i got the following output:

Switch#: - IP: - HOST: - BunnyIP:

all returned empty values.

does anyone have any recommendations on what to do?

6 hours ago, omriman067 said:

hey guys. I just got my bash bunny and I think that i'm having some issues with it.

I'm under the impressions that RNDIS_ETHERNET is not working properly.

i tried to run the following paylod:

LED B SLOW

LED STAGE1
DELAY 5000
GET TARGET_IP;GET TARGET_HOSTNAME;GET HOST_IP

ATTACKMODE HID
LED STAGE2
RUN WIN NOTEPAD
Q DELAY 1000
Q STRING Switch#:${SWITCH_POSITION} - IP:${TARGET_IP} - HOST:${TARGET_HOSTNAME} - BunnyIP: ${HOST_IP}

LED FINISH

and i got the following output:

Switch#: - IP: - HOST: - BunnyIP:

all returned empty values.

does anyone have any recommendations on what to do?

I just recently made a payload.txt that does dual mode and uses network information for the bunny quack commands. Have not run into this issue yet but I do things a little differently than the above.  I always assume there will be time to get data once attack mode is launched so I put conditions that must be met before continuing.  I have a condition for all the network stuff but I believe you can do it with one.  I would choose TARGET_HOSTNAME.

Example:

LED B SLOW

LED STAGE1
DELAY 5000
while [ -z $TARGET_HOSTNAME ]; do
	GET TARGET_HOSTNAME
	sleep 1
done
GET TARGET_IP
GET HOST_IP

ATTACKMODE HID
LED STAGE2
RUN WIN NOTEPAD
Q DELAY 1000
Q STRING "Switch#:$SWITCH_POSITION - IP:$TARGET_IP - HOST:$TARGET_HOSTNAME - BunnyIP: $HOST_IP"

LED FINISH

So far I only tried the loop on any network related GET in case it has not populated yet with a minimum of a 1 second pause in the loop to keep it from spinning out of control.  You can add a counter too in case you only want to try so many times but kill with a FAIL if it is exceeded.  That can keep you from waiting forever.

Just a recap.  RNDIS_ETHERNET work off the back only on Windows machines.  ECM_ETHERNET is for *nix and OSX systems.

To check more you can add LED indicators before the loop and after to see if it gets past that part or see how long it takes visually.  I do lots of debugging of payloads on the BB so figured out a thousand ways to debug while running on the Bunny.  Life is different when you cannot sit on the console of the machine you are debugging on (the BB) to see errors and stuff.