General modules Discussion

bolus

-> submit created module-> module approved -> drink Jamison

else

-> submit created module-> not approved -> drink Jamison -> improve module -> rinse and repeat

• Upvote 1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I hava a micro SD card of 64 GB and my problem is that when I try to download modules, the message: (suscessfuly installed module) appears but no modules appear in installed modues, so 2 options come to my mind, or the SD card is not mounted correctly (which is not), or instead of micro SD I shoud use a mini SD card.

shome help?

Thanks, 

PD: I'm new on wifi pinepple 

all this is correct?:

config global
    option anon_swap '0'
    option anon_mount '0'
    option auto_swap '1'
    option auto_mount '1'
    option delay_root '5'
    option check_fs '0'

config mount
    option target '/sd'
    option device '/dev/sdcard/sd1'
    option fstype 'auto'
    option options 'rw,sync'
    option enabled '1'

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am struggling to get a connection to get both bulletins and modules? i dont know if this is due to a me having a rookie error but the Pineapple has the up to date firmware and also has a bridged connection to my local wifi adapter.

This is my network settings on the pineapple.

br-lan    Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:C0:CA:91:30:F1
          inet addr:172.16.42.1  Bcast:172.16.42.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:1318 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:1845 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:242929 (237.2 KiB)  TX bytes:1548429 (1.4 MiB)

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:C0:CA:91:30:F1
          RX packets:1339 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:1851 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:263345 (257.1 KiB)  TX bytes:1548705 (1.4 MiB)
          Interrupt:4

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
          RX packets:166 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:166 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:10130 (9.8 KiB)  TX bytes:10130 (9.8 KiB)

wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:C0:CA:91:02:11
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:34 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:5274 (5.1 KiB)

wlan0-1   Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 02:C0:CA:91:02:11
          TX packets:10 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:1132 (1.1 KiB)

wlan1     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:C0:CA:91:19:98
          UP BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Is there a way to backup the modules(and dependences). I have them loaded to a sdcard but when i resetmy nano it erased. All dependences¿

Modules are stored in /pineapple/modules/ directory

before you do factory reset:

• ssh into your pineapple, run these commands
  • mkdir /root/backup/
  • cp -r /pineapple/modules /root/backup/

If a factory reset doesnt blow away your home directory you should be fine.

Otherwise find a directory that wont, and copy the modules dir there.

Great. Thanks will try next time. But have different problem some modules dependencies aren't loading. I've downloaded all modules, I'm thinking may be my internet connection . Any idea

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody

I have a problem: For me, it does not show anything for every module under "History". No matter which module (SSLsplit, site survey etc).
I have already set up the device 3 times. With SD card & without, module installation locally or SD card ... I just can not get on ...

Can someone help me?No_content_in_History.png

41 minutes ago, Phipu said:

Can someone help me?

You can still access most log history from the terminal and can SCP/filezilla to download them to your machine.

We await to see if @Whistle Master will update his modules or if they will be picked up by another developer. These are not official HAK5 modules.

I have the same issue with the Recon module.

I can see previous Scan Results after performing some scans but after a reboot they are gone: "There are no scans available".

Scan location is /tmp and I can see /tmp/recon.db; suposing this is the recon results database.

2 hours ago, !@# said:

I can see previous Scan Results after performing some scans but after a reboot they are gone: "There are no scans available".

Change Scan location to something like /root/ or make a scans dir in root like /root/reconscans/ then they will persist over reboots. /tmp/ is temporary.

48 minutes ago, Just_a_User said:

Change Scan location to something like /root/ or make a scans dir in root like /root/reconscans/ then they will persist over reboots. /tmp/ is temporary.

Great! that works.

I've had nothing but trouble with this device from day one. If its not trying to configure it to link to WiFi its modules, and or staying connected. It's something that might work or wont work. They should take lessons from the developers of QubesOS who not only thoroughly test their system but also provide excellent support documentation with easily understood support pages. Obviously their testing is flawed, as is the support here. Having to attempt configuration on four systems, ultimately resulting in a clean install of Kali linux to finaly get the thin to somewhat work, I experience a great deal of trouble with modules. Having to reset the device to factory three times. Its not friendly to switching between running on android and back to linux. the script for wifi sharing is flawed or incomplete, and must in many cases be configured manually. That tkes time away from doing with the device what it was designed for, aggravation many don't have time to dedicate.  I certainly would not recomend this to anyone other than a casual hobbyist who has time to tinker. As for me I will tear mine down into base components and use them for a worthwhile project in my spare time. Its unworthy for any professional applications and totally unreliable.... A POS, take youre chances its 505-50 weather or not it works as intended.

1 hour ago, Domain0@engineer.com said:

I've had nothing but trouble with this device from day one. If its not trying to configure it to link to WiFi its modules, and or staying connected. It's something that might work or wont work. They should take lessons from the developers of QubesOS who not only thoroughly test their system but also provide excellent support documentation with easily understood support pages. Obviously their testing is flawed, as is the support here. Having to attempt configuration on four systems, ultimately resulting in a clean install of Kali linux to finaly get the thin to somewhat work, I experience a great deal of trouble with modules. Having to reset the device to factory three times. Its not friendly to switching between running on android and back to linux. the script for wifi sharing is flawed or incomplete, and must in many cases be configured manually. That tkes time away from doing with the device what it was designed for, aggravation many don't have time to dedicate.  I certainly would not recomend this to anyone other than a casual hobbyist who has time to tinker. As for me I will tear mine down into base components and use them for a worthwhile project in my spare time. Its unworthy for any professional applications and totally unreliable.... A POS, take youre chances its 505-50 weather or not it works as intended.

Ummm you have made 3 posts on the forums, first one you given pointers by @Foxtrot on how to read logs to aid fault finding , your second post I offered support to help you and you didn't respond.

Maybe this isnt the device for you, fair enough but don't say people didn't try to help you ?

2 hours ago, Domain0@engineer.com said:

I'm sorry that you've not had a great experience with your device. It's worth noting that the forums is not an official support outlet, but instead a community forum. Official support requests can be made at https://hakshop.zendesk.com/hc/en-us. Documentation for Hak5 products is also available at https://hak5.org/gear, and also wikis for certain devices. The WiFi Pineapple wiki is available at https://wiki.wifipineapple.com/ 

We do our absolute best to test changes, but unfortunately like all software, occasionally something slips through and is fixed when brought to attention. As for the ICS script, is there anything specific that you found didn't work under Kali Linux? It works fine for me and many others on the latest Kali release. What do you find that makes it unfriendly when switching between Linux and Android?

Your feedback is appreciated!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I mostly use an iPhone 6s  to manage my pineapples. In the module manager, the unbroken description for Responder is:

LLMNR, NBT-NS and MDNS poisoner with built-in HTTP, SMB, MSSQL, FTP and LDAP rogue authentication server using Responder

The next longest module description is DWall and it’s description ends between the words MSSQL & FTP. Is there anyway that the we could be served that information with break in the text at that point? It would allow for the entire page to be slimmed down horizontally and could get to the columns right of the description. 

If breaking the Responder description in half is possible, it would be a slight improvement to life (that phrase sounds pompous to me but that’s the best I could think of at the moment).

• 3 years later...