General modules Discussion

bolus

Had you tried to install a module via SSH on the shell and install the depencies manual via script (as i described one post before) ?

Is there the same error ?

Does it work for you if you install a module to internal instead of SD-Card ?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks for the suggestions BeNe, the  ssh + opkg.......etc install mdk3 worked but although mdk3 was available in the terminal it still didn't appear in the Pineapple Modules, 

I have now sorted it and all working fine so here is what I had to do:

Before I made my first post I had problems and had carried out a hard reset, ie used the reset switch and the only problem was running wp6.sh gave me errors, not recognising the correct interface ids so I downloaded another copy and this worked OK.
But it was after that I couldn't install modules and also after running for a time PineAP began to give problems, wouldn't switch off and some options not available.

So after trying your suggestions I did a soft factory reset using Pineapple menu, ran a new copy of wp6.sh and everything seems fine, I've just installed a couple of modules and dependencies without a problem.

I do not see how a corrupted wp6.sh could have caused this or maybe the hard reset didn't work properly, (but I did have to setup from scratch after the first reset) but in summary my second factory reset has solved the problem.

However, I really appreciate your suggestions as that has improved my knowledge further and given me something else to play with.
thanks and regards

so dermitname, may be you should also try a factory reset

• Upvote 1

On 13.8.2016 at 3:32 PM, artuk said:

Many thanks for the suggestions BeNe, the  ssh + opkg.......etc install mdk3 worked but although mdk3 was available in the terminal it still didn't appear in the Pineapple Modules, 

I have now sorted it and all working fine so here is what I had to do:

Before I made my first post I had problems and had carried out a hard reset, ie used the reset switch and the only problem was running wp6.sh gave me errors, not recognising the correct interface ids so I downloaded another copy and this worked OK.
But it was after that I couldn't install modules and also after running for a time PineAP began to give problems, wouldn't switch off and some options not available.

So after trying your suggestions I did a soft factory reset using Pineapple menu, ran a new copy of wp6.sh and everything seems fine, I've just installed a couple of modules and dependencies without a problem.

I do not see how a corrupted wp6.sh could have caused this or maybe the hard reset didn't work properly, (but I did have to setup from scratch after the first reset) but in summary my second factory reset has solved the problem.

However, I really appreciate your suggestions as that has improved my knowledge further and given me something else to play with.
thanks and regards

so dermitname, may be you should also try a factory reset

I make now a factory reset  and now it works! Thank you for this tip!

On 6/11/2016 at 4:04 PM, kuangcao said:

i want to coding a module to handle network data for change and instead and more.i have many good ideas to pineapple  but first  it can handle network data by coding custom for module

please tell me!

Hi i suppose you are asking if it is possible to write custom modules? The answer is yes, please see the below tutorial for custom gui module. Alternatively you could ssh into the pineapple and run cli commands. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvf2At3G1C0

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/29/2016 at 8:17 PM, Sokar said:

It looks like there is a package already for aircrack-ng called "besside-ng" but it's not in the list of installable packages... I'm going to looking compiling my own and moving onto the device... not sure what this will take yet... but it sounds like a good feature I want...

Dang!  Dude!  Thanks for the heads up on besside-ng!

I was doing the hard way.  Tried it out, and love it.  Set up a RasPi, with some scripts that dump to a webpage, and some other housekeeping stuff.

Just went 'war-walking' with it, and even with my NY walking pace got a ton of handshakes.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this covers two different modules but please post in the actual support threads for those modules rather than creating a new thread.  Most of the time the author of the module is following their own support thread and can respond to you quicker than if you create a new one.

26 minutes ago, manpreet said:

Hi I get this error message, my internet connection is fine and performs recon and other pineap from what I can see:

Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com. Please check your connection.

How are your providing internet to the WiFi Pineapple?

16 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

How are your providing internet to the WiFi Pineapple?

Hi, when trying to connect to a wifi point I get to see my pineapple on there and can connect to it. The other options work as in scan etc and because I'm a new user I assume both these must mean the console has internet access to it?

3 hours ago, manpreet said:

Hi, when trying to connect to a wifi point I get to see my pineapple on there and can connect to it. The other options work as in scan etc and because I'm a new user I assume both these must mean the console has internet access to it?

Unless you explicitly shared internet to the WiFi Pineapple, or set up WiFi Clientmode, etc, there is no way for the WiFI Pineapple to have internet. Scannig and other PineAP features do not mean internet is there.

Saying that, the message "Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com. Please check your connection." clearly indicated a lack of connection.

1 hour ago, Sebkinne said:

Unless you explicitly shared internet to the WiFi Pineapple, or set up WiFi Clientmode, etc, there is no way for the WiFI Pineapple to have internet. Scannig and other PineAP features do not mean internet is there.

Saying that, the message "Error connecting to WiFiPineapple.com. Please check your connection." clearly indicated a lack of connection.

I followed this guide:

https://www.hak5.org/episodes/pineapple-university/windows-internet-connection-sharing-wifi-pineapple-mark-v-pineapple-university

still no joy. I'm missing something, please see images of my set-up:

http://pasteboard.co/dOZFbOBOC.jpg
http://pasteboard.co/dP0bNbDNs.jpg
http://pasteboard.co/dP100p3f4.jpg
http://pasteboard.co/dP1jHPZkB.jpg

Hi,

My nano is tethered to my nexus 7 nethunter.  Once tethered and the wifi card on my nexus is up I can download the modules.  Btw, it is a good idea to have a SD card in the nano, the memory onboard fills up really quickly.

Thanks,

Si

17 minutes ago, D4sh said:

Hi,

My nano is tethered to my nexus 7 nethunter.  Once tethered and the wifi card on my nexus is up I can download the modules.  Btw, it is a good idea to have a SD card in the nano, the memory onboard fills up really quickly.

Thanks,

Si

Cheers just tried this but doesn't work, didn't think getting wifi on such a device would be such a pain

1 hour ago, manpreet said:

Pictures 2 and 3 appear to show that you are sharing the connection between your computers wireless and "Ethernet". Surely you should be sharing with "Ethernet 2", your pineapple?

1 hour ago, manpreet said:

In the http://pasteboard.co/dOZFbOBOC.jpg image you show as sharing internet with "Ethernet" which from http://pasteboard.co/dP100p3f4.jpg image "Ethernet" is your unplugged local ethernet port on your computer.  You would want that to say "Ethernet 2".

Since you are using windows to do this you'll want to take these steps:

1. Set "Ethernet 2" back to automatically assign address.

2. Uncheck your "Allow other users" box on your WiFi properties and make sure you Ok out of all your open dialogs for that adapter (same for your "Ethernet 2")

3. Go back and check the "Allow other users" box on your WiFi properties again but make sure you select "Ethernet 2" then OK out of all the dialogs again.

4. Change the now statically assigned "Ethernet 2" ip settings to what you have in the http://pasteboard.co/dP1jHPZkB.jpg image again, but you actually don't need to specify the DNS even.  (I don't think it hurts but it's unnecessary as it will just pull from your WiFi adapter's dns settings.)

3 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

Pictures 2 and 3 appear to show that you are sharing the connection between your computers wireless and "Ethernet". Surely you should be sharing with "Ethernet 2", your pineapple?

of course you had to post this right as i was finishing step 3 lol

Thanks for the steps guys but the main problem I have here I actually cannot select Ethernet 2 here, there is no drop-down nor can I type into the field. What I tried to do was rename Ethernet 2 to Ethernet and vice versa but this automatically changed within the wifi sharing setting too. I don't understand why I can't select this in the video guide I also saw that he had a drop-down

• 2 weeks later...

as a newbie I'm finding it very difficult to actually understand what the modules do and how they can be used. From what I can see all modules are community based projects (thank you to those who have taken their time for this), however, when introducing these modules I don't see basic information like what the module is for, what it can do, or what it's predecessor was called etc so I can go find information.

For example when I use occupineapple I can use it fine, I can see ssids broadcasted but upon selecting those networks on my phone I can't actually get network, so I'm thinking what is the purpose of broadcasting multiple SSIDs, without have a client connect? Unless the purpose of this is something else but in the module page there is no information as such, this is the same for other modules as well. I am saying this as a complete newbie.

• Upvote 1

I would start by searching the forums here, then fall back to google.

For your example there is a main thread for that module in particular: https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/37369-official-occupineapple/#comment-271259

And if you search google, there are a few more items explaining it's usage (even a hak5 episode on it though it may be for an older pineapple version most concepts will still apply) https://www.hak5.org/episodes/hak5-1210

Otherwise most of the modules are well known linux tools that you can google and you'll know how to use them based off all the other information out there about those tools. (nmap, tcpdump, etc.)  Also all the modules have their own post for that module normally on this forum so you can go there for support (just don't ask for web programming help on the evilportal module thread ;)

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, Haklife said:

Is there a way to access the modules if you don't have a way connect your pc to the internet?

You can connect the WiFi Pineapple to a WiFi Access point via clientmode. Other than that, we currently do not support manual sideloading.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...