Factory Reset Failure + High Temperature

Asterix

Hi

Having successfully used the Factory reset procedure on a couple of occasions, and then updated the firmware to the latest version I have now run into a problem that I can not solve on my own. 

I wrote a couple of payloads and copied these into Switch 1 & Switch 2 and tested each on a Windows PC, then wanting to make some changes I plugged Bunny back into my Linux Laptop. The green led lights up as per normal but then nothing (no blue blinking). I tried to connect via Serial / Screen bb.sh etc but without any success so I decided to Factory Restore the Bunny once more. 

Same process as before, wait for the green led to go out and then unplug, did that 3+ times, Bunny flashes the expected Blue/Red Led for ages but then nothing. Lights go out and the Bunny is Dead !

After the Reset process, the Bunny becomes very hot to the touch, with a faint whiff of toasted circuit boards, I unplug and leave it to cool down for 20mins or so, then try the Reset process once more. Bunny is still dead... 

Is there anything else I can try, or is this a very deceased Bunny?

All suggestions welcome. 

M  

On 5/22/2017 at 11:58 AM, Asterix said:

Hi

Having successfully used the Factory reset procedure on a couple of occasions, and then updated the firmware to the latest version I have now run into a problem that I can not solve on my own. 

I wrote a couple of payloads and copied these into Switch 1 & Switch 2 and tested each on a Windows PC, then wanting to make some changes I plugged Bunny back into my Linux Laptop. The green led lights up as per normal but then nothing (no blue blinking). I tried to connect via Serial / Screen bb.sh etc but without any success so I decided to Factory Restore the Bunny once more. 

Same process as before, wait for the green led to go out and then unplug, did that 3+ times, Bunny flashes the expected Blue/Red Led for ages but then nothing. Lights go out and the Bunny is Dead !

After the Reset process, the Bunny becomes very hot to the touch, with a faint whiff of toasted circuit boards, I unplug and leave it to cool down for 20mins or so, then try the Reset process once more. Bunny is still dead... 

Is there anything else I can try, or is this a very deceased Bunny?

All suggestions welcome. 

M  

its normal for the bunny to operate at 60-65C the chip is capable of over 100C.

Edited by Vert