Jump to content
Anima

Adapter turns off after a click

Recommended Posts

Good day,

After a severe months of buying my first pineapple back from the version lower that 1.0 if i recall. This week i was trying some tests with the modules updates. After several hours my pineapple started to work weird so i did a reset to factory but the issue persist. Now in a Kali box the adapter tends to turn off after a click in the web interface..

The modules i was testing was the Occupineapple, Dwall y Evil portal. I don't know if i just damaged the pineapple or was imminent because of the testing batch. 

Any advice or suggestion?

 

Sorry for my english.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to make sure I am understanding.

you are connected to the pineapple via Y cable? And once you connect to it, and are browsing the web GUI, the interface you are connected through will shut down?

First, I would try connecting to the pineapple via wifi, then SSH to it, run an ifconfig to see if the interface is actually shutting down. It could be your Kali box killing the interface. (I believe ifconfig will show that interface ... maybe not)

It seems like maybe one of your modules is whacked. When you did a reset, did you reset it to the newest firmware? I would blow it away again, and also make sure you are updating to the most recent firmware. Once you have a fresh new pineapple, then trying running a few functions that dont require modules. Something like PineAP. Let it run for a bit to see if the interface shuts down on you.

Finally, one other possibility is: Are you using the y cable, or just a single USB input? It's POSSIBLE that with the extra modules you're drawing too much power for one USB port to power it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Anima said:

Good day,

After a severe months of buying my first pineapple back from the version lower that 1.0 if i recall. This week i was trying some tests with the modules updates. After several hours my pineapple started to work weird so i did a reset to factory but the issue persist. Now in a Kali box the adapter tends to turn off after a click in the web interface..

The modules i was testing was the Occupineapple, Dwall y Evil portal. I don't know if i just damaged the pineapple or was imminent because of the testing batch. 

Any advice or suggestion?

 

Sorry for my english.

 

If i get the issue, in your case using the web interface (GUI) will result in frequent shutdown of nano?

Some options:

1) Verify that there is enough power for the nano. Try different ways to power your device and see if that improves the stability

2) Reset to factory default ==> you have tried that but it didnt work out

3) Recover the firmware to original then perform firmware upgrading. 

Another advise, treat the OS as fragile. For each module that you install, ensure that the key features of nano still works before installing another module. Do use the shutdown button if possible. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Captain said:

I just wanted to make sure I am understanding.

you are connected to the pineapple via Y cable? And once you connect to it, and are browsing the web GUI, the interface you are connected through will shut down?

First, I would try connecting to the pineapple via wifi, then SSH to it, run an ifconfig to see if the interface is actually shutting down. It could be your Kali box killing the interface. (I believe ifconfig will show that interface ... maybe not)

It seems like maybe one of your modules is whacked. When you did a reset, did you reset it to the newest firmware? I would blow it away again, and also make sure you are updating to the most recent firmware. Once you have a fresh new pineapple, then trying running a few functions that dont require modules. Something like PineAP. Let it run for a bit to see if the interface shuts down on you.

Finally, one other possibility is: Are you using the y cable, or just a single USB input? It's POSSIBLE that with the extra modules you're drawing too much power for one USB port to power it.

Yes, it was connected to the Y cable.

The interface needed to be turn on after an interaction in the Web GUI. I clicked a button then no response, i check the interface in Kali and said "Turn on" after turning on the Web GUI proceeds as normal then it repeats.

I did the reset after the issues and with the newest firmware.

Even with the fresh pineapple reset i got the weird issue.

 

10 minutes ago, esa said:

If i get the issue, in your case using the web interface (GUI) will result in frequent shutdown of nano?

Some options:

1) Verify that there is enough power for the nano. Try different ways to power your device and see if that improves the stability

2) Reset to factory default ==> you have tried that but it didnt work out

3) Recover the firmware to original then perform firmware upgrading. 

Another advise, treat the OS as fragile. For each module that you install, ensure that the key features of nano still works before installing another module. Do use the shutdown button if possible. 

 

I gonna use a USB power check device and the pineapplejuice to see if its the Y cable.

How i recover the firmware to original?

Yeah, i always tried to use the shutdown button.

 

I gonna do some test tonight. Lets hope it just a the Y cable. Thanks guys,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anima said:

Yes, it was connected to the Y cable.

The interface needed to be turn on after an interaction in the Web GUI. I clicked a button then no response, i check the interface in Kali and said "Turn on" after turning on the Web GUI proceeds as normal then it repeats.

I did the reset after the issues and with the newest firmware.

Even with the fresh pineapple reset i got the weird issue.

 

So, one thing I'd try is to connect via Wifi.  Once you are connected that way, try to SSH to the nano. Once you are in via SSH, see what ifconfig reads. Also once you are connected via wifi, you should be able to browse to the web GUI.  Repeat your steps and see if the wifi interface shuts down. 

I am sort of suspecting you have an issue with Kali ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Captain said:

So, one thing I'd try is to connect via Wifi.  Once you are connected that way, try to SSH to the nano. Once you are in via SSH, see what ifconfig reads. Also once you are connected via wifi, you should be able to browse to the web GUI.  Repeat your steps and see if the wifi interface shuts down. 

I am sort of suspecting you have an issue with Kali ...

To be clear: Once in SSH, What output should I expect from ifconfig? Atleast i want to see the eth0 and the Wlans

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Anima said:

To be clear: Once in SSH, What output should I expect from ifconfig? Atleast i want to see the eth0 and the Wlans

 

Yes, I believe you want to see:

 

br-lan

eth0

lo

wlan0

wlan0-1

wlan1

wlan2 (if using USB dongle interface)

 

also note: you can see ifconfig output from the Network tab on the web gui.

 

Edited by Captain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well thanks, now i have a starting point to work tonight. I really don't want to lose my pineapple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

I been testing my nano last nite. My laptop may be the problem with the USB ports because with my Rpi with Kali and it worked normally even with modules. Voltage and Amp was normal, no drops or ups.

Thanks for the support, guys.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...