Sebkinne

[Info] Tools

Hey everyone,

Recently I have seen a lot of questions in regards to installing tools on the Bash Bunny. This post will contain a list of .deb files published by Hak5. Please see our wiki for installation instructions.

If you would like to suggest a tool to be published, please reply to this thread. All other posts will be removed.

Disclaimer: Hak5 is not responsible for these tools. They are 3rd party packages and have not been checked for stability or security. Hak5 simply packages these tools for easy installation. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

Macchanger

For macchanger, I got the source from http://www.gnu.org/software/macchanger and did the following:

• Put the BashBunny into arming mode (switch 3)
  • Copy the macchanger-X.X.X .tar.gz to the BashBunny; let's say /loot/.
  • Create a payload for Switch 1
LED SETUP
ATTACKMODE SERIAL STORAGE
cp /root/udisk/loot/macchange.tar.gz /root/.
LED FINISH
  • Save, unplug the BB, move to switch 1, and plug back in.
  • When the LED indicates Finished, use your serial terminal program to log into the BB
  • Now, you can compile and install:
# you should already be in /root
tar xfz macchanger-X.X.X.tar.gz
cd macchanger-X.X.X
./configure
make

# NOTE: the following only puts the binary into the BB system.  Use 'make install'
#       if you want everything including docs.
cd src
cp macchanger /usr/bin/.

cd ../..
rm -rf macchanger-X.X.X         # if you want to remove it.

Once done, you'll have macchanger readily available.

Enjoy!

On 7/10/2019 at 10:21 PM, Foxtrot said:

I've updated the first post to add a link to the new Metasploit package, but bear in mind that it requires firmware 1.6 or above.

Hi Foxtrot,

Thank you. This makes life a hell of a lot easier🔥🔥🔥 especially when trying to find the precise location for things. I knew if anyone was going to post an update for the questions posed it would be you. Thanks again for making our lives easier🙏

@Foxtrot - As per my pull request on Github, I had to use a newer release of Impacket to achieve setting a username / password combo for the SMB server in my smb_exfiltrator v2 payload.   Would you consider updating the .deb file here with the latest release of Impacket?

Was wondering what the official method to update metasploit is? for now I've installed git to clone the repo, then gem install bundle, chown -R the new folder to 1004:1004 and rename it the metasploit-framework and delete the old one. Working well so far, and can run msfupdate. Any thoughts on this being a bad idea to get the latest version?

On 8/8/2019 at 2:45 AM, jblk01 said:

@Foxtrot - As per my pull request on Github, I had to use a newer release of Impacket to achieve setting a username / password combo for the SMB server in my smb_exfiltrator v2 payload.   Would you consider updating the .deb file here with the latest release of Impacket?

The version on impacket posted is here very outdated and does not support authenticated SMB shares... tried to compile it from source but it fails

error: command 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc' failed with exit status 1

Has anyone had any luck compiling?

We are going to need a VM to compile this and redistribute onto the bunny.  You can get the compiling going by install build-essential with aptitude but the Bunny chokes on the compilation on different parts different times.  It cannot handle it.  If you want to continue to try then apt install build-essential while inet sharing and try the pip install -r requirements.txt again to see if it compiles.  You will also need to pip install --upgrade setuptools to get rid of another error.

I gave up when I saw it was compiling as I know any compilation I did on the bunny that pushed it usually locks up.

So - from what i get none of the tools are updated and so are the payloads... only if you can create one to work by yourself and workaround things...

the BB is off the site aswell...

JMX