Feature Request/Upgrade for next firmware.

PoSHMagiC0de

Hey there.  Been exploring the inner workings of the Bunny more like what version the packages are at.  I have one request after my deep dive.  Could we get the NodeJS package on the Bunny updated to a more current version?  I am feeling NodeJS more for writing my network apis for the Bunny.  Would be nice to have the newer stuff.

On 5/6/2017 at 2:55 AM, PoSHMagiC0de said:

Hey there.  Been exploring the inner workings of the Bunny more like what version the packages are at.  I have one request after my deep dive.  Could we get the NodeJS package on the Bunny updated to a more current version?  I am feeling NodeJS more for writing my network apis for the Bunny.  Would be nice to have the newer stuff.

You could always download the source and compile locally on the bunny.

Yeah, I was thinking the same but wanted it to be more of a core upgrade to the distributed firmware versus my own version.  Would not make any payloads I make that utilize the newer version of Nodejs distributive to others unless they are comfortable enough to do the same.  :-P

1 hour ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

Yeah, I was thinking the same but wanted it to be more of a core upgrade to the distributed firmware versus my own version.  Would not make any payloads I make that utilize the newer version of Nodejs distributive to others unless they are comfortable enough to do the same.  :-P

Yeah, there's the problem with updating it yourself..

This sounds like a job for...@Sebkinne!

(Job being update NodeJS on the Bunny).

29 minutes ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

Sorry to bump this thread but I would also like an updated Node.js (and npm if possible). Can someone confirm if it is being updated or not?

Haven't looked into it yet. We currently track the official releases to the debian repository, so we are up-to-date with those. Debian doesn't really have a reputation for having current versions, so we can make exceptions for some tools, such as nodejs and ruby where required.

It's on my list though, so I'll look at it before the next firmware is out.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Sebkinne said:

Haven't looked into it yet. We currently track the official releases to the debian repository, so we are up-to-date with those. Debian doesn't really have a reputation for having current versions, so we can make exceptions for some tools, such as nodejs and ruby where required.

It's on my list though, so I'll look at it before the next firmware is out.