Pandora Hack

nullspace

I am sure many of you are wondering where can I get that java file darren where can I grab a copy of that java file. I got to thinking and thought wouldn't it work just as well to use musicbrainz to snatch up the tag data. All you need to do is rename each access in the emp file to a mp3 extension and then use musicbrainz and your good. I paln on testing this theroy today.

• 3 weeks later...
The hack works great but is there any other extensions so that it saves it in the folder of my choose. I no there pandora . which saves it were ever the bat file is but is there any other

You can set the folder it saves to fairly easily through the batch file. Basically, your command on the second line calls the .jar file (java archive) and passes

%1... so just change it to your folder...

java -jar pandora.jar yourfolderhere

This would save the file into the folder "yourfolderhere". This is, of course, a relative link. The alternative is calling the .jar file (using the command line command from the batch file, modified as shown above) from whatever folder you want the songs to end up.

java -jar c:pandora.jar

This works from ANY folder in command line, as long as you move the .jar file to c:.

UnderWing

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, I really liked your program, I used to use it a lot!

Unfortunatly Mozilla updated their nifty little webbrowser yesterday..

And now it doesn't work anymore... he cannot find my pandora tab...

The easiest sollution is to install the previous version of Firefox, but maybe someone skilled enough can fix the bug? :D

I am only a php-programmer, not java, therefor I don't know how..

Gr Jay

Could be anything. It would help if you were able to say what output, if anything, the program is giving, and what you're doing specifically when you try to start it.

Could be anything. It would help if you were able to say what output, if anything, the program is giving, and what you're doing specifically when you try to start it.

simple, he cannot find the firefox tab...

simple, he cannot find the firefox tab...

I'm experiencing the same problem today after not having used the rip for 3 weeks now... even though I did NOT update my Firefox!! (unless it does it "autonomously"??) :(

It tells:

Looking for songs

Unable to obtain title and artist information.

- Make sure Pandora is running in an active tab of a firefox browser.

Did Pandora change anything ?? or is ist still working for most of you ??

It looks like Pandora has changed the way they format the text in the title bar of Firefox so the hack isn't detecting it properly anymore. Which is probably why everyone is getting “Unable to obtain title and artist information†error.

Downgrading Firefox won't fix the problem.

If it could be open sourced, I'm sure that it could be fixed in no time at all. getTitle.exe just looks at all the currently active tabs (at least, I would assume) and as such any changes made to the top bar of the pandora web site would create a problem. It's a simple change, even someone with little programming knowledge could make the fix. I love this hack, and would like to see it continue to work. Open Source For the Win!

Does firefox/ie/anybrowser cache the html for the page somewhere? If so ill make a program in c to work with any browser on linux or windows. If not i can use raw sockets on linux to get the title text from the html or intercept socket recieves from the browser on windows with some jmp injection voodoo magic.