Issue using nano with additional wifi adapter?

sbb

I hooked up my ALFA USB adapter to my nano today and took it along with my battery to a local site.

The nano detected it without issue as wlan2. In the networking section, I selected the open access point that was being broadcast as this location using wlan2 as the adapter and it seemed to get its IP / connection.

However, when I connected to the management AP for the nano and tried to get the updates to see if there was a connection, it kept saying it failed.

This makes me think that the few clients that did connect would have had no internet access.

Should I have been able see these pineapple bulletin updates with this setup? There didn't appear to be any captive portal options I needed to click when I did this from my iPhone so I assumed the WiFi usb adapter shouldn't have had any issue connecting to the AP.

Thoughts?

33.jpg

11.jpg

3 minutes ago, mda1125 said:

Seems like you connected Wlan2 to a phony SSID your Pineapple is broadcasting. That IP looks super similar to what the Pineapple gives out. Look in the client list and see if your device is connected to itself. 

That caught my eye too when I was testing but when I clicked "Scan" to find all of the SSID's around, there was only one instance of that open AP in the list for me to choose from. I am not at the location to re-test this but I will have to give it another shot in the future. Just wanted to make sure I didn't have anything set up incorrectly.

For future reference, should I have just thrown the public access point into the deny list for PineAP in order to omit it from being re-broadcast or is there another way to blacklist it?

Edited by sbb
Future Question

make sure that PineAP is not on when connecting wlan2 to an AP.  The IP address you have looks to be like the pineapple itself.  I have only come across 2 routers that dish out the 172.xx.xx.xx ip address so most likely your connected to yourself.

1 minute ago, b0N3z said:

make sure that PineAP is not on when connecting wlan2 to an AP.  The IP address you have looks to be like the pineapple itself.  I have only come across 2 routers that dish out the 172.xx.xx.xx ip address so most likely your connected to yourself.

Thanks, I do have PineAP set up to start automatically so that's gotta be it. I will give this another try at home with the same setup and see if it works.