Hello all,

I wanted to install more modules and I see that I need more storage space .

If I install a new Micro SD card and then boot up will there be an option in the GUI to format the card? I guess I can just try it however I figured I ask first.  

I appreciate your help.  BTW having a ball with the NANO , fun . 

Cisco10k

Hi guys,

I will try this also later today. Hopefully following the advice provided it will work. Much simpler than all the confusing videos out there.

cheers 😎

Hi Guys,

All sorted and without problems. I opted for the 128GB SanDisc Pro and it works great. Doubt I will ever fill it, but best to aim hi 🤓

The only issues I have (and well before I inserted the micro) is that the pineapple nano runs hot, but apart from that it is great!

Cheers 😎

Hi, you can format SD card by using Disk Management :
Press Win+R and type “diskmgmt.msc” in the window, a Disk Management window pops up after clicking OK. Right-click the SD card and choose Format, you can choose the file system and tick perform a quick format to let the system format the SD card.

If your Sd card cannot be formatted due to corrupt card, you can update the USB device driver.
Enter into Device Manager by typing” devmgmt.msc” in the Win+R window, and then choose “Update Driver Software”.

But note that to format your SD card, remember to make a backup, you can also download Bitwar Data Recovery tool which I have used before, I think it's safe. While there are many choices too, just choose the one you like

Same problem here, I found a link where someone ssh'd in and mounted it, but I just want to make sure Im doing it right.... Dont really want to roll the firmware back, as its New out of box with 2.7.0, but im experiencing lag and other performance issues I deffinitely didnt expect from this product that I am PRAYING is just the new firmware...

nicknog<>>> does the sd card need to be less than 32gb to work with 2.7.0?  I am having a time dealing with the sd card working continually.  I had a 32gb mounted and loaded with modules.  When I rebooted the system, the sd card failed to mount. Any ID???/

Just a heads up.  The SD mounting is hit and miss.  I started from scratch. I used a new 32gb sd card formatted with "SD Card Formatter".  Format was perfect.  I inserted SD and hit reboot. Reboot did not mount. I used Shutdown; it worked. The SD mounted perfect. I installed modules to SD and dependencies via the Pinneapple.  Once all done, I hit reboot but the modules I injected in Putty  did not appear to take hold.  I hit shutdown; it worked.  I though GREAT!!!.  I ran all the modules and testing it worked perfect.  THEN MORNING CAME.  SD fails to mount on reboot or Shutdown.  I figure it MAY appear at some point between a Shutdown but no say why? ??.    ANY IDEAS or is this a Firmware issue????

On 8/4/2019 at 3:25 AM, INFOTRACE said:

Hi Guys,

All sorted and without problems. I opted for the 128GB SanDisc Pro and it works great. Doubt I will ever fill it, but best to aim hi 🤓

The only issues I have (and well before I inserted the micro) is that the pineapple nano runs hot, but apart from that it is great!

Cheers 😎

How did you format the sd card once in the Nano?

i also have a issue with SD card mounting i just got a 32GB sd card and it isnt mounting and flashing is working either

I did it get it to work consistently. I used 128g formatted with FAT32 FORMAT.

After formatting, it takes about 10 minutes for pineapple to recognized SD card. The first SD load dump all your modules then reset.

When pineapple reboots, it will take 5 minutes or more depending on how many modules and size of SD.

When pineapple gets hot it my load even slower but don't recommend using once it heats up anyway.

Same issue here, i cannot get the SD to work reliably with 2.7.0.. 

fdisk shows the sd, I've got a new huge swap partition in advanced but when I hit install module it still says to use an sd and only offers to install internally.