vnc bandwidth??

ghost001

im running a "tightvnc" server at home, for a couple games, and other Cpu and memory hog programs. Currently i have a viewer always running on my main pc at the best quality, and i connect to the server with my phone, "vnc veiwer" on low quality to save bandwidth, while im at work, for about an hour to 3 depending how long im at work. ive tried 1080p which isnt big enough to have every on screen but only took up 700-800mb a month, and 1440p which killed my data at 1gb in a week.

so the question becomes is there a way to lower the polling rate or quality when i connect with my phone, to save the bandwidth, but keep the high quality/ low latency when i connect with my desktop?

Avoid the costs. Use wifi, not data. If no wifi, then don't use it as often. You can set the quality lower ahead of time, but not sure if mobile apps have settings for quality of the connection like desktop versions.

On 4/7/2017 at 5:33 PM, digip said:

Avoid the costs. Use wifi, not data. If no wifi, then don't use it as often. You can set the quality lower ahead of time, but not sure if mobile apps have settings for quality of the connection like desktop versions.

wifi isn't an option at work. and yes the mobile app im using is set to the lowest setting. i have been thinking about running 2 different vnc services. ie a lower quality on port 5900, and a max quality on 5901.