Jump to content

Bash bunny stuck in usb storage mode


paimon
 Share

Recommended Posts

I have tried to run the bb.sh and it wont read the bash bunny, it opens up as a usb storage device even after letting it reset itself. no matter whether the switch is in arm, payload 1 or 2 it only seems to read as a usb storage device. I have let it reset itself twice and every time its the same thing. when i run the bb.sh it gets to the insert bash bunny and once i insert it the bb is green then flashes blue continuously and shows up as storage but the bb.sh script just keeps waiting for it to be inserted. any help would be much appreciated as i haven't ever been able to get it set up since i received it and i am lost as how to fix this. thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, xflash said:

Have you followed this steps?

https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/40358-initial-config-of-bash-bunny/

1. You need the switch in possition 1 or 2, in arm you don`t have an eth on the bunny.
2. You need a eth-payload in 1 or 2 (the default payload should work)

If you reset the bunny the payload partition is untouched!

 

 

Thank you for your response. i checked and i didn't have the default payload txt, i replaced with the default and the bb.sh worked so thank you. but it is still only reading as a usb storage device, the light changes to amber then red and stays red, and it pops up as usb storage. I have tried a few payloads and its the same, right now I have tools_installer payload in switch 1 and mac info grabber in switch 2 switch 1 goes amber then red and simply stays red and it shows up as usb storage, switch 2 simply blinks green and usb storage pops up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok then let us check if the bunny work at all. I would use a easy payload for the test.

Just open a texteditor, point the mousepointer in the editor so that the bunny would write direct in this textfile

then use this as payload.txt:

 

source bunny_helpers.sh
ATTACKMODE HID 
LED R B G 2000
QUACK DELAY 1000
QUACK STRING "Hello world"
QUACK DELAY 1000
LED R 100
sync
LED B

It should start with a withe LED blinking, then write "Hello world" at the position of the cursor (thats why you need to open a txt file for this test) then the LED should go red for one blink and the blue light shows the end of the test.

Test both switch positions with this payload.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, xflash said:

Ok then let us check if the bunny work at all. I would use a easy payload for the test.

Just open a texteditor, point the mousepointer in the editor so that the bunny would write direct in this textfile

then use this as payload.txt:

 


source bunny_helpers.sh
ATTACKMODE HID 
LED R B G 2000
QUACK DELAY 1000
QUACK STRING "Hello world"
QUACK DELAY 1000
LED R 100
sync
LED B

It should start with a withe LED blinking, then write "Hello world" at the position of the cursor (thats why you need to open a txt file for this test) then the LED should go red for one blink and the blue light shows the end of the test.

Test both switch positions with this payload.

 

 

ok i tested both and both worked, now i am really confused lol. for some reason the other payloads only seem to bring up usb storage, i am not editing them or anything, simply copy pasting them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I installed the github payloads, i have tried tools_installer, quick credentials,  mac info grabber, and 90's mode. 90's mode went purple briefly then green and storage popped up. i am testing on windows but also using parrot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK let's work on one... So what exactly did you do while trying tools_installer and what happened. Please describe step by step, as probably you will have done something wrong and we need to find our what...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, GermanNoob said:

OK let's work on one... So what exactly did you do while trying tools_installer and what happened. Please describe step by step, as probably you will have done something wrong and we need to find our what...

i am sure you are correct and i probably did something wrong.i copied the payload from libraries to switch 1 overwriting the default payload, i just tried again and it was solid green, then purple briefly, a cmd box with what appeared to be red text popped up briefly then

then the light went green again and stayed solid green. this is different then the other time i tried as the other times it did not go purple and no cmd box popped up before

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, paimon said:

.i copied the payload from libraries to switch 1 overwriting the default payload,

Have you copied only the payload.txt from the library or everything within the tools_installer folder? You need to copy everything!

7 minutes ago, paimon said:

a cmd box with what appeared to be red text popped up briefly

I'm wondering what happens here... payload_installer does NOTHING on your host machine! Do you understand BASH scripts? Check the install.sh!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...