Serial Into Bash Bunny

Hectortxz

Sorry I Meant To Say I'm Not Understanding 

1. Open Control Panel > Network Connections (Start > Run > "ncpa.cpl" > Enter)
  2. Identify Bash Bunny interface. Device name: "USB Ethernet/RNDIS Gadget"
  3. Right-click Internet interface (e.g. Wi-Fi) and click Properties.
  4. From the Sharing tab, check "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection", select the Bash Bunny from the Home networking connection list (e.g. Ethernet 2) and click OK.
  5. Right-click Bash Bunny interface (e.g. Ethenet 2) and click Properties.
  6. Select TCP/IPv4 and click Properties.
  7. Set the IP address to 172.16.64.64. Leave Subnet mask as 255.255.255.0 and click OK on both properties windows. Internet Connection Sharing is complete

4 hours ago, soup4you2 said:

You can also download putty, open device manager and see what COM port was added by the bunny (in ARMING mode). then tell putty to use serial over that COM port at speeds of 115200

That's the best way to go. 

Also, make sure the Windows has set the correct drivers for the BB. If it comes up as Gadget Serial or something like that and not Unknown Serial USB it will work fine. If it is unknown, update the drivers manually and select the BB as the driver. It should fix it fine.

Edited by Dave-ee Jones
  • Upvote 1

How Do I Check That

14 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

That's the best way to go. 

Also, make sure the Windows has set the correct drivers for the BB. If it comes up as Gadget Serial or something like that and not Unknown Serial USB it will work fine. If it is unknown, update the drivers manually and select the BB as the driver. It should fix it fine.

How Do I Check That ?

You seem to be mixing up some instructions. You ask how to serial into the bash bunny, but the instructions in your second post are the wiki instructions for "Sharing an Internet Connection with the Bash Bunny from Windows". These are different tasks. Instead, follow these steps: http://wiki.bashbunny.com/#!./index.md#Connecting_to_to_the_Bash_Bunny_Serial_Console_from_Windows

19 hours ago, JBNZ said:

You seem to be mixing up some instructions. You ask how to serial into the bash bunny, but the instructions in your second post are the wiki instructions for "Sharing an Internet Connection with the Bash Bunny from Windows". These are different tasks. Instead, follow these steps: http://wiki.bashbunny.com/#!./index.md#Connecting_to_to_the_Bash_Bunny_Serial_Console_from_Windows

Yeah, I noticed that, so I got a bit confused when he asked how to serial into it but then start asking how to fix giving the BB internet...