Bunny vs Duck

sungod88

OK so I'm on the fence about what to buy. First I was going to buy the $200 field kit but I saw last night that it is now a $300 kit which now includes the bunny. I guess my main question is why do I need both if the bunny can run Ducky scripts. What are people using the Bunny for that I cant just do with a duck, they seem really similar. I know the Bunny can take over as the fastest network but I guess I'm missing what else makes it so different outside of the hardware.

Would you rather buy a

Duck and Pineapple NANO

or

Bunny and Pineapple NANO

59 minutes ago, hkyq said:

Well the Bunny can store multiple payloads, has programmable LED's for better communication, can change payloads with a switch, multiple attack modes such as HID emulation, ethernet emulation, usb mass storage emulation, it's a 'full' linux computer, and more. However it does take 7 seconds to start attacks. The ducky is good for a quick drive by, maybe get some passwords. If you have more access to your victim, you can do a larger range of attacks.

Thank you for your response, that actually really helped me a lot. I think I would rather go with the Duck with all of that being said. I wish they hadn't changed the field kit haha

1 minute ago, hkyq said:

Alright, your choice. Just know that the bunny's repos are constantly being updated.

If I could see some in depth demos of its use that would be more helpful, but since its so new there isn't much out yet. I have time to wait so I'll be looking for them and doing more research. I'm 100% on either yet, maybe I'll just get the new fieldkit.

7 hours ago, sungod88 said:

OK so I'm on the fence about what to buy. First I was going to buy the $200 field kit but I saw last night that it is now a $300 kit which now includes the bunny. I guess my main question is why do I need both if the bunny can run Ducky scripts. What are people using the Bunny for that I cant just do with a duck, they seem really similar. I know the Bunny can take over as the fastest network but I guess I'm missing what else makes it so different outside of the hardware.

Would you rather buy a

Duck and Pineapple NANO

or

Bunny and Pineapple NANO

Bunny :D

1 hour ago, sungod88 said:

Would you mind giving me a few reasons for your preference, I would love some user examples and input.

Bunny can do everything a Ducky can AND have more functioning in terms of general programming. E.g. If statements, while loops, python, powershell etc.

Not to mention you can also turn it into an Ethernet Adapter and storage device (and all 3 in one...). It is far more useful as a pentesting tool.

• Upvote 1

Basically, as Dav-ee and hkyq said, the bunny has significantly greater capability than a ducky. The main downside is the slightly longer boot time. Whether this impacts your purchasing decision depends entirely on your use case. They're tools for different jobs.

For me the key selling point of the bunny is the potential for responding to feedback from the target host. While executing an attack, I can profile the target host across the network interface to determine which execution paths the attack should follow. If your script establishes a comms channel between the target and the bunny, you could run a script on the target, send the result to the bunny, parse the result and use it to inform the escalating attack.

The ducky is great, but you don't have the same control over the context that keystrokes are being blasted into, while the bunny lets you add a much greater level of intelligence into your attack.