Need help on Pineapple setup really BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RickyHax20

I need help on setting up my pineapple. I was just doing fine with the setup until I had to go to the ip address. It didn't go through for a while, but managed to connect. When I pushed the reset button, like I suppose to do, and as it completed, I tried refreshing the page or something and didn't go through and went to saying, "took too long to respond." I kept on trying to reconnect and would not go through... I tried to reset it but don't know how to do it since it's not fully setup. I noticed that when i connect the pineapple, the blue LED light was on for about 5 seconds, and turns off. Don't know how I can fix this and nobody has any similar problems to mine... I just got this today and I hope I don't have to return it and get my money back...

16 hours ago, RickyHax20 said:

...I noticed that when i connect the pineapple, the blue LED light was on for about 5 seconds, and turns off...

Are you using the Y-Cable to connect/power the Nano?  You should be: the Nano's current requirements are at the edge of what a single USB port can supply so running it without the Y-Cable might be marginal.

If that's not the problem:
I had similar problems with a Nano that seemed to have corrupt firmware out of the box.  Go to https://www.wifipineapple.com/pages/faq and  go to the "Firmware Recovery" section (I suppose you could try "Factory Reset" steps first...I tried that and it didn't help in my case).  That will get you a really fresh start.

9 minutes ago, JumboPackets said:

Go to https://www.wifipineapple.com/pages/faq and  go to the "Firmware Recovery" section...

Ok, as this is being typed, I'm resetting it through the firmware recovery... How would I know that the restart is complete and I can start the setup again? Don't know when you'll reply, but hopefully soon.

2 minutes ago, RickyHax20 said:

How would I know that the restart is complete and I can start the setup again?

Follow the instructions closely: as part of the instructions, you will browse to the factory firmware loading page on your device (which will have a default IP address of 192.168.1.1)...that page will give you a progress indicator and let you know when the firmware update is complete.

• Upvote 1

On 3/11/2017 at 2:57 PM, JumboPackets said:

Follow the instructions closely: as part of the instructions, you will browse to the factory firmware loading page on your device (which will have a default IP address of 192.168.1.1)...that page will give you a progress indicator and let you know when the firmware update is complete.

Ok, everything is all good. Thanks a bunch!!!