Sharing internet connection on MAC OS X

aclass

Is it only me?  I have noticed when I attempt to run the bb.sh on my home-brew mac OS X it just stays stuck in:

Step 3 of 3: Select Bash Bunny Interface

Please connect the Bash Bunny to this computer.

Any one else has seen this?

the bb.sh is not meant for OSX only Linux.  That being said, I get my bunny tomorrow according to USPS and I will find a way to share internet with the bunny and post my findings here for everybody.

1 hour ago, aclass said:

Is it only me?  I have noticed when I attempt to run the bb.sh on my home-brew mac OS X it just stays stuck in:

Same thing happens to me on Ubuntu Gnome 16.04

14 hours ago, aclass said:

Just got mine working on Ubuntu.  You have to set a payload in switch one or two with ATTACKMODE  SERIAL ECM_ETHERNET"  I done think serial is needed but i did it on mine.  As soon as i plugged it in when the script asked for the bunny it was detected as a NIC and connected.

7 hours ago, SlipperyClock said:

Just got mine working on Ubuntu.  You have to set a payload in switch one or two with ATTACKMODE  SERIAL ECM_ETHERNET"  I done think serial is needed but i did it on mine.  As soon as i plugged it in when the script asked for the bunny it was detected as a NIC and connected.

nice, I am going to give it a  try. I just did ATTACKMODE ECM_ETHERNET

On 3/5/2017 at 8:15 PM, b0N3z said:

the bb.sh is not meant for OSX only Linux.  That being said, I get my bunny tomorrow according to USPS and I will find a way to share internet with the bunny and post my findings here for everybody.

@b0N3z Did you ever have any luck with getting the Bunny to share a Mac's internet connection? I gave some of the guides for the Pineapple a shot (changing the IP address scheme to 172.16.64.*), but no luck getting a connection.

@cmaddy

I didn't receive the bunny by now (probably tomorrow evening I will have it in my hands), but if it is urgent: just install a linux machine with virtualbox and connect the bunny to that. Works fine for me with the Pineapple and doesn't need any changes to the IP on any side...

8 minutes ago, GermanNoob said:

@cmaddy

I didn't receive the bunny by now (probably tomorrow evening I will have it in my hands), but if it is urgent: just install a linux machine with virtualbox and connect the bunny to that. Works fine for me with the Pineapple and doesn't need any changes to the IP on any side...

@GermanNoob Thanks for the suggestion. I'm trying to work with a VM, but having difficulties connecting to the Bunny once the internet connection sharing is configured. The Bunny shows up as /dev/ttyACM0, but screen refuses to connect (Bad session name error). Might be the VM, VMware, or something else, but it's preventing me from actually using the internet connection sharing to update or try installing some tools.

16 hours ago, cmaddy said:

@b0N3z Did you ever have any luck with getting the Bunny to share a Mac's internet connection? I gave some of the guides for the Pineapple a shot (changing the IP address scheme to 172.16.64.*), but no luck getting a connection.

I have not even tried yet been to busy to mess with it right now.  this weekend I will dive further into in.

1 hour ago, b0N3z said:

I have not even tried yet been to busy to mess with it right now.  this weekend I will dive further into in.

@b0N3z Give this a shot and let me know it works for you.

@cmaddy tried it, but he didn't get it working yet. Although on my end it works instantly.

Edited by Torrey

I'm planning on trying that tonight. It's the same way I setup the pineapples. Figured it had something to do with changing that.

On 8.3.2017 at 9:36 PM, cmaddy said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm trying to work with a VM, but having difficulties connecting to the Bunny once the internet connection sharing is configured. The Bunny shows up as /dev/ttyACM0, but screen refuses to connect (Bad session name error). Might be the VM, VMware, or something else, but it's preventing me from actually using the internet connection sharing to update or try installing some tools.

Hi cmaddy,

just got my hands on my BashBunny. Works almost instantly with the Linux VM. You have to choose the Payload with Ethernet connection (check which one works with your system). Be sure that the mass storage isn't connected to your Mac. 

Mine Connected immediately with out having to run anything (Kali), as soon as i plugged it in it showed up as USB Ethernet Connected.

However one curious thing is that whenever I plug it in it pops up on  my desktop as a usb drive no matter the switch position, but I may just be doing something wrong... just started playing with it.

5 hours ago, GermanNoob said:

Hi cmaddy,

just got my hands on my BashBunny. Works almost instantly with the Linux VM. You have to choose the Payload with Ethernet connection (check which one works with your system). Be sure that the mass storage isn't connected to your Mac. 

Thanks for the update! Yeah, that's something that was either unclear or that I missed in the documentation. I didn't see SSH mentioned and I was using serial at the time so I didn't see SSH running either. I assumed I'd need SERIAL in the payload if I wanted to connect to the Bunny to setup tools. Now I know SSH is available as long as SERIAL isn't in use. Should work just fine with my Linux VMs now.

19 hours ago, TheShadow said:

However one curious thing is that whenever I plug it in it pops up on  my desktop as a usb drive no matter the switch position, but I may just be doing something wrong... just started playing with it.

Hi @TheShadow,

this is because the initial payloads also have set the attack mode mass storage...

Hey guys,

I was talking with Seb on irc and he tells me that you cannot directly share the connection on a mac, as of now. However, it does work if you use a linux vm (I am using ubuntu in virtualbox) on top. The sequence is a little tricky and took me a while to figure out; so I'll describe how I got my bunny connected to the internet on my mac:

1. With you vm turned off and the bunny unplugged, go to Settings > Ports > USB and enable usb 3.0
  2. Switch the bunny to state 1; plug it in and wait for it to load completely
  3. Add a usb filter (plus icon) and add the device (mine says "Linux 3.4.39 with sunxi_usb_udc RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget [0333]")
  4. Eject the bunny
  5. Flip the switch to states 2 & 3 and repeat steps 2-4
  6. Turn on your vm and keep the bunny unplugged
  7. wget the bb.sh script in the vm
  8. Run `sudo bash bb.sh` and follow the guided setup
  9. With the bunny NOT in arm mode (position 3) plug the bunny in after the third step/question
  10. If you did it right, the script will "detect" the bunny at this stage
  11. The last step is to press "C" once you see the main menu again to "connect" using the settings you just set up
  12. You should now be able to ssh in and test the connection with ping

Hope this helps somebody.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Draxiom said:

Hey guys,

I was talking with Seb on irc and he tells me that you cannot directly share the connection on a mac, as of now. However, it does work if you use a linux vm (I am using ubuntu in virtualbox) on top. The sequence is a little tricky and took me a while to figure out; so I'll describe how I got my bunny connected to the internet on my mac:

1. With you vm turned off and the bunny unplugged, go to Settings > Ports > USB and enable usb 3.0
  3. Add a usb filter (plus icon) and add the device (mine says "Linux 3.4.39 with sunxi_usb_udc RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget [0333]")
  4. Eject the bunny
  9. With the bunny NOT in arm mode (position 3) plug the bunny in after the third step/question
  11. The last step is to press "C" once you see the main menu again to "connect" using the settings you just set up

Ill have to try this out also.  @Torrey I tried what you had post with no luck at all.  Just when I thought it was working, i couldnt get anything from 'route' or ping.  I messed with it for a while and nothing but this seems to be a good alternative and i will have to try it out.

12 hours ago, TheSashmo said:

Does anyone know if there is a payload that would bring the Bunny online? That would make the most sense to me....

This is not an BashBunny issue... In fact it is because of the not as easy internet connection sharing of the Mac... Just install a linux virtual machine with e.g. VirtualBox and follow the steps that @Draxiom described in his last post here.

If you are not aware of how to install Linux in a vm on Mac, just have a look at this video: 

• 1 month later...
On 10/03/2017 at 4:58 PM, Draxiom said:

Hey guys,

4. Eject the bunny

This worked perfectly on my macbook air 16 running kali in vmware.

Cheers man!