Kali- Wireless card not recognized

McBaegul

So I recently got dual boot working with windows 10 and Kali Linux. Upon attempting to do ANYTHING on Kali it simply does not recognize my internal wireless card. I've read around on other fourms and even the Kali website but I can not seem to figure the solution to my problem. I am rather new to Linux/Kali (or anything other than windows or OS X for that matter) and I would need some guidance in solving my problem. The wireless car I have is: 

ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Dual-band Wireless-AC1300 PCI-E Adapter

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=33-320-181

Buy a compatible USB Wireless card. Select Alfa, TP-Link, and RTL/Ralink based cards are what you want to look into. There is also this card that is supposed to be both windows and kali friendly - https://www.amazon.com/Panda-300Mbps-Wireless-USB-Adapter/dp/B00EQT0YK2

Many internal wireless cards don't work out of the box unless they use a compatible chipset. Intel and Broadcom based cards most likely won't work with injection and monitor mode too, even if the wifi can connect.

Read up on using aircrack to put your cards into monitor mode and how to check if the cards is compatible with kali. If you want to get online with wifi, read up on manually using wpasupplicant, although the network manager will help with most of this in kali, knowing how to do it manually and disabling network manager is something you may want to do/look into depending on what your needs are and what you're trying to test/play with. Especially if you're using more than one wifi adapter for various attacks where you want to setup things like a rouge AP.

4 hours ago, digip said:

Buy a compatible USB Wireless card. Select Alfa, TP-Link, and RTL/Ralink based cards are what you want to look into. There is also this card that is supposed to be both windows and kali friendly - https://www.amazon.com/Panda-300Mbps-Wireless-USB-Adapter/dp/B00EQT0YK2

Many internal wireless cards don't work out of the box unless they use a compatible chipset. Intel and Broadcom based cards most likely won't work with injection and monitor mode too, even if the wifi can connect.

Read up on using aircrack to put your cards into monitor mode and how to check if the cards is compatible with kali. If you want to get online with wifi, read up on manually using wpasupplicant, although the network manager will help with most of this in kali, knowing how to do it manually and disabling network manager is something you may want to do/look into depending on what your needs are and what you're trying to test/play with. Especially if you're using more than one wifi adapter for various attacks where you want to setup things like a rouge AP.

Many thanks for the pointers. Will do. 

Have you tried that USB adapter specifically? I've seen on for 25 dollars and by description it outperforms the one you listed. 

ALFA Network AWUS036NHA Atheros AR9271 2000mW 802.11b/g/n Wireless-N USB WLAN Adapter with 5dBi Antenna http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA8UD37Y8211

PCIE wifi , I bought one of these a couple years ago for my desktop. I has 2.4 and 5ghz plus monitor mode and AP mode.  works great in kali, windows, and OSX.  If you are looking for a desktop solution.  But like the other guys said, try a usb wlan.  Best Kali Wifi Adapter take a look at that, I don't suggest the alfa awus051nh, while it has 5ghz and supports monitor mode, it is very hit and miss with airodump but connecting to the internet is no problem.  The Atheros chips seem to work the best.