Install Tools

squish

16 hours ago, Draxiom said:

There are actually a few partitions that you don't want to touch at all. The instructions I lay out here are just to get the mountable partition back to the way it was. If you are worried about loosing things, copy the files off the bunny before you format that partition (/root/udisk/*), and copy them back afterwards. If your drive is read-only, you can't do much until you format it. Just make sure you get that dd command right, and you shouldn't have anything to worry about. ;)

Hmm, ok, I see what you mean about restricting the formatting to just one partition; I guess that makes sense. I guess I'll give it a try when I get back from work tonight. Thanks.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish someone would put together a step by step video/guide on how to properly setup and install the helper tools and diagnose and ensure that they are working as intended.Alot of the scripts seem to require them.

Darren can you make the next firmware basically install them or any accessory helper files by default?

Just follow these steps:

Be sure to have the Bunny in an original state:

1. Set BashBunny to arming mode
  2. Connect it to your computer
  3. Download the newest repository from GitHub
  4. Copy the GitHub repository to your BashBunny drive (at least the complete payload/librabry)
  5. screen into your BashBunny as described in wiki (Connecting to to the Bash Bunny Serial Console - http://wiki.bashbunny.com/#!index.md )
  6. rm -r /pentest
  7. Exit BashBunny / screen

Now install the tools:

1. Copy the everything WITHIN the tools_installer folder to one of the switch folders
  2. Eject the Bunny from your host OS
  3. Remove the Bunny from the USB port
  4. Select the switch position to the one you copied the payload
  5. Connect your Bunny to the computer and just watch it running

If the installation fails:

1. Please be sure that you did all of the above steps
  2. Check and tell us what's within /pentest
  3. Describe in detail what you did (before) and what happened 

It took 6 hours to get this working.

I read only pages 1&2 from this thread and then jumped into the page 5 to just see if people still are having issues with this and so it seems. None of the provided solutions worked for me.

How did I got it working was that the original file bunny_helpers.sh on my Bash Bunny in folder D:\payloads\library was only 902 bytes in size. And the newest one in the repository was 1,70 KB in size.

My original bunny_helpers.sh had only these lines:

leasefile="/var/lib/dhcp/dhcpd.leases"
export TARGET_IP=$(cat $leasefile | grep ^lease | awk '{ print $2 }' | sort | uniq)
export TARGET_HOSTNAME=$(cat $leasefile | grep hostname | awk '{print $2 }' \
  | sort | uniq | tail -n1 | sed "s/^[ \t]*//" | sed 's/\"//g' | sed 's/;//')
export HOST_IP=$(cat /etc/network/interfaces.d/usb0 | grep address | awk {'print $2'})

There are missing the function where the install.sh is checking the switch position. This function is included in the newest bunny_helpers.sh file.

I also deleted the bashbunny-payloads folder (from /root), which I git cloned earlier from the repository. Then I downloaded the zip file from Github and copied the content into Bash Bunny D:\payloads\library -folder. At this point I noticed the difference between the original and the new bunny_helpers.sh file.

I moved the content of D:\payloads\library\tools_installer\ into Switch1 folder, and vóila it started to work.

So, I believe the incomplete/outdated bunny_helpers.sh file was the reason for this red led failure.

I am not a bro with Linux/hacking/programming, just starting to learn.

@Sami, you are partly right. The bunny_helpers.sh is updated but also the install.sh

If somebody follows the instructions I posted before, everything should work fine as long as everybody does exactly these steps. 

3 hours ago, GermanNoob said:

@Sami, you are partly right. The bunny_helpers.sh is updated but also the install.sh

If somebody follows the instructions I posted before, everything should work fine as long as everybody does exactly these steps. 

Thanks, I was a bit tired of reading last night and I believe I didn't see your instructions above my post. I remember peterkozmd's comment above yours though.

Yes, the bunny_helpers.sh and install.sh files are both updated in the bashbunny-payloads repository at github, but in my case the issue was that I was using the original bunny_helpers.sh which came with the Bunny.

Then the install.sh was trying to use functions that doesn't exist in the original bunny_helpers.sh file.

My mistake was not to download the whole shit into the payload/librabry -folder in Bunny drive, when also the bunny_helpers.sh would have been updated. Instead I just added the payloads\library\tools_installer\ content into the switch1.

Also, I believe, my mistake was trying to use the git clone https://github.com/hak5/bashbunny-payloads.git -command.

The Bashbunny-payloads was cloned into the /root and as noob I didn't realize how to get them into the Bunny drive as the ATTACKMODE RNDIS_ETHERNET STORAGE mode combination is not supported by Windows and the /root/udisk was empty (not mounted) and I didn't think that this should be manually mounted (with command mount -o sync /dev/nandf /root/udisk). So, basically I was trying to get this working with the hard way as there would be much easier way with your instructions.

Is it possible to put your instructions into the first page (question for admin)? does this forum support that kind of feature? So that the solution could be found easier at the beginning of this thread? Would be good also if those instructions could be copied into http://wiki.bashbunny.com/#!index.md

But, without mistakes there are no learning. The product though is not that simple plug-and-play as it has been introduced, or people are not understanding the philosophy of this product.

I had the same problem with the tools not being installed, but the solution was something else.

When I first got the bashbunny i checked the file bunny_helper.sh and pressed ctrl+s to save it (its like a reflex) so I accidentally changed the EOL conversion from the unix to the windows one. Thats why the bunny_helper.sh script couldnt be run anymore, so the variable SWITCH_POSITION didnt get any value, which eventually lead to the install.sh script not working anymore.

hope this helps someone

• 2 weeks later...
On 9.4.2017 at 3:40 AM, startx said:

How to install impacket and responder v1.1?

1. Download impacket and responder deb files from https://github.com/qdba/MyBashBunny/tree/master/tools and put them into /tools of your Bunny Flash drive
2. Eject Bunny safely
3. Switch to arming mode an reinsert the bunny
4. Wait for blue Led

On 24/3/2017 at 5:49 PM, GermanNoob said:

Just follow these steps:

Be sure to have the Bunny in an original state:

1. Set BashBunny to arming mode
  2. Connect it to your computer
  3. Download the newest repository from GitHub
  4. Copy the GitHub repository to your BashBunny drive (at least the complete payload/librabry)
  5. screen into your BashBunny as described in wiki (Connecting to to the Bash Bunny Serial Console - http://wiki.bashbunny.com/#!index.md )
  6. rm -r /pentest
  7. Exit BashBunny / screen

Now install the tools:

1. Copy the everything WITHIN the tools_installer folder to one of the switch folders
  2. Eject the Bunny from your host OS
  3. Remove the Bunny from the USB port
  4. Select the switch position to the one you copied the payload
  5. Connect your Bunny to the computer and just watch it running

If the installation fails:

1. Please be sure that you did all of the above steps
  2. Check and tell us what's within /pentest
  3. Describe in detail what you did (before) and what happened 

Hi, i'm just update to 1.1 and i'm moving de folder DuckyInstall to /tools in arming mode and nothing happens...

H Qdba,

I tried your above suggestion of copying the .deb files to /tools but everything I put in there disappears once I safely unplug the BB and re-plug whether .deb or .py files.

After putting the .deb files its flashing blue does that mean its worked? How would I know?

Thanks

Bob

6 minutes ago, NooBody said:

H Qdba,

I tried your above suggestion of copying the .deb files to /tools but everything I put in there disappears once I safely unplug the BB and re-plug whether .deb or .py files.

After putting the .deb files its flashing blue does that mean its worked? How would I know?

Thanks

Bob

If you using my deb files there must be some log files in the loot folder after reboot.

It's a normal behavior that the the deb files are vanishing form  flash drives /tools folder.  they were installed in /tools in Linux root folder. 

In payload you can check if the packet is installed with

REQUIRETOOL impacket

or 

REQUIRETOOL responder

Dear Team, Yesterday I had this problem, the solution:

1. Switched to position 3 and plugged in PC
  2. Download/Copied all files from tools_installer into payloads/switch1
  3. Edit install.sh
  4. Add line/save:  a.- mount -o sync /dev/nandf /root/udisk  b.- TOOLSDIR=/root/udisk/payloads/switch1/tools_to_install
  5. ejected the bunny, switched to position 1 and plugged in

:grin:

Found out that impacket is preinstalled in FW 1.1 Not in /tools (Linux root/tools) folder but in /usr/local/bin.

REQUIRETOOL impacket gives you an error but if you call /usr/local/bin/smbserver.py ....  it works. 

14 hours ago, qdba said:

Found out that impacket is preinstalled in FW 1.1 Not in /tools (Linux root/tools) folder but in /usr/local/bin.

REQUIRETOOL impacket gives you an error but if you call /usr/local/bin/smbserver.py ....  it works. 

I haven't pre-installed impacket in 1.1, it must have been the Deb you installed. 

Our Deb correctly installs to /tools and runs setup.py. You can find it here: https://storage.googleapis.com/bashbunny_tools/impacket-bunny.deb

7 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

I haven't pre-installed impacket in 1.1, it must have been the Deb you installed. 

Our Deb correctly installs to /tools and runs setup.py. You can find it here: https://storage.googleapis.com/bashbunny_tools/impacket-bunny.deb

Hi Seb,

Do you have a similar area as https://storage.googleapis.com/bashbunny_tools/impacket-bunny.deb for Responder.deb I can download from?  What would be the process to get them installed on an upgraded 1.1 Bash Bunny just place them in /tools?  Struggling a bit here...

Thanks!

Bob

I got my Bunny yesterday, upgraded to firmware v1.1 and then started to look how to install the tools. I keep reading ppl talking about the files in tools_installer folder, but i dont have that folder, nor do i see it on the github. Im at a complete loss on how to get the tools installed (cept for the responder and impacket since someone posted them on a github).

So my question is, where do i find the tools_installer folder?

9 hours ago, rizzah said:

I got my Bunny yesterday, upgraded to firmware v1.1 and then started to look how to install the tools. I keep reading ppl talking about the files in tools_installer folder, but i dont have that folder, nor do i see it on the github. Im at a complete loss on how to get the tools installed (cept for the responder and impacket since someone posted them on a github).

So my question is, where do i find the tools_installer folder?

Please refer to the tools part of the setup wiki. The payload "tools_installer" is no longer in the git repository for the Bash Bunny.

On 4/14/2017 at 8:51 AM, Sebkinne said:

I agree with qdba. I cannot see the /pentest directory nor can I see the file in /usr that he described, though the directory exists. Any ideas?

EDIT: Under further investigation I found the 'impacket' directory inside the /tools directory. In that directory there is ANOTHER directory called 'examples' (/tools/impacket/examples). There you will find all the stuffs you want (e.g. smbserver.py).

However, I did notice it doesn't like the impacket module. E.g. Cannot find it.

2 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

I agree with qdba. I cannot see the /pentest directory nor can I see the file in /usr that he described, though the directory exists. Any ideas?

EDIT: Under further investigation I found the 'impacket' directory inside the /tools directory. In that directory there is ANOTHER directory called 'examples' (/tools/impacket/examples). There you will find all the stuffs you want (e.g. smbserver.py).

However, I did notice it doesn't like the impacket module. E.g. Cannot find it.

If you install via the .deb I have provided, it will install correctly to /tools.

5 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

If you install via the .deb I have provided, it will install correctly to /tools.

Yes, I did that. However, I was trying to use smbserver.py but it keeps saying the module 'impacket.examples' doesn't exist.

Could it be that it doesn't like running it in command line (I was using Serial to try it) and that it only properly works when it is called from a shell script (for some reason..)?

On 4/13/2017 at 11:06 PM, NooBody said:

Hi Seb,

Do you have a similar area as https://storage.googleapis.com/bashbunny_tools/impacket-bunny.deb for Responder.deb I can download from?  What would be the process to get them installed on an upgraded 1.1 Bash Bunny just place them in /tools?  Struggling a bit here...

Thanks!

Bob

Currently wondering the same thing for Responder 2.3.3.6.

There is a .deb for 2.3.3.5 here: https://github.com/qdba/MyBashBunny/tree/master/tools, however, there are known issues with this version such as not properly dumping ntlmv2 hash. Is there a good way to install Responder 2.3.3.6 on the bash bunny?

On 18/04/2017 at 7:50 AM, Dave-ee Jones said:

Yes, I did that. However, I was trying to use smbserver.py but it keeps saying the module 'impacket.examples' doesn't exist.

Could it be that it doesn't like running it in command line (I was using Serial to try it) and that it only properly works when it is called from a shell script (for some reason..)?

Did you go to the tools dir for impacket. /tools/impacket/examples did you run it as a python script? Python smbserver.py (folder to show on smb) (dir to share from linux) ex. Python smbserver.py temp /root/tmp

1 hour ago, Vagabond said:

Currently wondering the same thing for Responder 2.3.3.6.

There is a .deb for 2.3.3.5 here: https://github.com/qdba/MyBashBunny/tree/master/tools, however, there are known issues with this version such as not properly dumping ntlmv2 hash. Is there a good way to install Responder 2.3.3.6 on the bash bunny?

Grab the github repository and drop the folder just before the python scripts into the tools dir in arming mode. So Responder-master becomes responder with all the python scripts and what have you in that folder. After unplugging the BB I and plugging it back in it should install the tools automatically and delete the folder responder from the tools dir in mass storage "udisk"

Archived