aircrack -J fails

anode

Been playing with Site Survey module and pop over on SSH and run

aircrack-ng <capfile> -J <hccap>

And it seems to run OK.  But over on the hashcat rig (3.20 Ubuntu server 16.04.1) fails with a incorrect epol length.

Copying the cap file over the the hashcat rig and using AC (v 1.2 beta 3)  there works perfectly.

The Nano's AC version is 1.2 rc2

(my kali box is 1.2 rc3, which also works)

I don't think they are going to update aircrack until openwrt has.  Also site survey, while great and easy, is not always accurate and sometimes tells you it has a handshake and when you check the handshake aircrack says no handshake.  Almost better to run the commands manually.

9 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

I don't think they are going to update aircrack until openwrt has.  Also site survey, while great and easy, is not always accurate and sometimes tells you it has a handshake and when you check the handshake aircrack says no handshake.  Almost better to run the commands manually.

We actually will in the next firmware release :)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sebkinne said:

We actually will in the next firmware release :)

This is exciting!! Is there a quote on timeframe for this firmware?

On 2/23/2017 at 6:09 PM, b0N3z said:

Actually it is updated, if you use opkg. (but problem still is there)  And it has a working besside-ng!  Made a *very* crude/kludgey alpha module for it.  (is there anything before alpha?)

14 minutes ago, anode said:

Actually it is updated, if you use opkg. (but problem still is there)  And it has a working besside-ng!  Made a *very* crude/kludgey alpha module for it.  (is there anything before alpha?)

The latest Version is 1.2 rc4 but the latest version for openwrt 15.05 is 1.2 rc2