Can't connect to 172.16.42.1:1471

clewis

When I type in the URL 172.16.42.1:1471 and try to connect to the wifi pineapple home page the browser says "This site can't be reached 172.16.42.1 took too long to respond." and "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT". My wifi pineapple is connected to my laptop and the blue light is solid. I tried resetting it a couple of times already but got the same result. Anyone know what I should do?

What OS are you using? Does it show up under the networking settings as an AX88x72A? Not that it matters to much but have you tried to set up for ICS?  Did you get the initial setup done?

• Upvote 1

I figured it out. Since I held the reset button to reset the pineapple nano I had to go to "Network Settings" > "Ethernet" > "Change Adapter Options" > Right click on my own wifi connection > "Properties" > "Sharing" > and uncheck "Allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection" because the wifi pineapple's name reverted back to its original name and it could not access the internet since my computer was only allowing the name that I changed it to to connect. Now it connects to the 172.16.42.1:1471 address and brings me to the wifi pineapple home page.

• 2 years later...

im having issues connecting so i put kali linux on my vmware fusion how do i reset and connect the wifi pineapple tetra. the light is blinking blue ? i have eth plugged in and both usbs plugged in but cannot connect to the 172.16.42.1

4 hours ago, Cpl-Creed said:

im having issues connecting so i put kali linux on my vmware fusion how do i reset and connect the wifi pineapple tetra. the light is blinking blue ? i have eth plugged in and both usbs plugged in but cannot connect to the 172.16.42.1

Did you pass the pineapples USB Ethernet through to the kali VM?

• 3 weeks later...

yes i have i now have it connected to my win 10 blue light is steadily blinking and i can not reach wifi home page to sign in 

its saying it cannot reach 172.16.42.1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...