Can’t get any assistance from Hak5 shop, please help!

nebulus

I've received a defective  Pineapple Juice 4000 battery with a recent order. Contacted the hak5 shop, but have not gotten any response yet. I am wondering if I am doing it right. I've filled out the contact form at the shop website and sent an e-mail to support@hak5.org. The battery is not charging, swelling up and getting very hot with charging. Should I contact the shop in a different way? 

First things first.

Do NOT plug in or attempt to charge that battery again. At all. I know it's obvious, but it needs to be said.

Once you've done that, if you have emailed shop@hak5.org it's now just a matter of patience. They will get to you. 

I feel with the recent amount of forum posts about shop questions, we should probably have a sticky about the shop, and also an added message on forum signup. If you only signup to post about shop questions, a quick message in the signup process might help streamline pointing them to shop@hak5.org 

Also a small maybe 5 to 10 FAQ and answers in the sticky post about shop issues might also be a good resource for people who seem to always come to the forums for help with purchases, even though this is probably not where we'd want them gathering, it's inevitable they will always post here at some point. Being able to give a link to the sticky post about shop issues in the forum signup like our read first sticky posts would make a good addition.

I think a shop stickie would be a wonderful idea.

Once my own side is up and running again having two might be a good idea. One for the main store, one for the EU one. Could solve a lot of issues overall with a quick FAQ in it. And while both the Hakshop and my own have FAQs, you'd be surprised how often having one in a forum clears things up also.

A few lines in the confirmation email for forum sign-up, that says something like:

If you're signing up on the forums to seek help with your recent shop purchase, we'd love for you to visit this FAQ Forum post for your recent purchase questions and support links. Thank you for your support and yada yada yada...something..

This way even if they still have a question, they can post it in a shop specific thread the shop team can monitor. I know it's one more thing to have to look at, but forum members and recent shop buyers can help answer their questions as well in a more organized location, as I've seen shop questions asked in multiple forum sections, where it be everything, questions, or pineapple section, etc, this might help wrangle them all into one sub forum that would be filtered much easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, guys, for pointing me in a right direction! Since, I've received a replacement battery from the shop which works as expected. 

For everybody having similar problem, it takes time before you contact the shop and hear from them back. Do not get nervous. In my case it took about a week, but eventually they will get back to you. 

GB