Any WPS workarounds aside from the obvious?

EFOHEX

Hi all! New to the forums, new to the WP-N. Just received my WP-N and was stoked until I ran headfirst against what is the current state of the WPS module. From what I understand the issue stems from the current firmware's inclusion of the latest libpcap library; which Reaver doesn't play nice with. So of course I was deeply saddened : | Does anyone have an update on this? Any workaround (aside from the obvious |delegate to command line| route.) I'm linux fresh, I see there is a way to obtain a working version (legacy), just not sure how to integrate that into the WP-N in a way that doesn't effect anything else. Or is it not possible.

Thanks and hello again!

For the search nerds: "Wifi Pineapple Reaver not working libpcap WPS"

So to be completely honest with you the idea of breaking WPS to get a password is very close to being antiquated.  Given the fact that now many access points will block you for too many failed attempts, lock WPS from too many failed attempts and the fact that many of the newer ones will change the pin when things connect WPS is becoming harder and harder to actually use to crack something.  This I suspect is why the developer of reaver has kind of given up on the project and moved on.

7 hours ago, mojo0243 said:

So to be completely honest with you the idea of breaking WPS to get a password is very close to being antiquated.  Given the fact that now many access points will block you for too many failed attempts, lock WPS from too many failed attempts and the fact that many of the newer ones will change the pin when things connect WPS is becoming harder and harder to actually use to crack something.  This I suspect is why the developer of reaver has kind of given up on the project and moved on.

Ah I see, thanks for the quick update on the current state of things.