Pineapple setup with VM

CJazzm

Hello, 

I just received my WifiPineapple Elite edition in the mail today and i am having issues setting it up. I run my Kali 2.0 through virtualbox and it is setup with a bridged connection. I've added the WP to the list of USB devices in the VM settings. I run the wp6 and do the guided setup, confirm my default address as 10.0.2.1, confirm eth0 is my internet connection, then confirm that eth1 is the pineapple. I look at my network connection and it shows both eth0 and eth1 are connected. My ip to eth0 is given as 10.0.2.100 and eth1 is 172.16.42.42. When i select "connect using saved settings" in the wp6 script, it says it is "detecting wifi pineapple" and just hangs there, throwing periods for dayzzz! I cant ping 172.16.42.1 either. 

Anybody know whats going on? 

Thank you.

Weird , I am also using Kali with virtual box and I am not having any issues running the wp6.sh script to connect , If you have a newer computer or laptop try plugging in the nano

directly into the "charging" USB port (it will have a lighting bolt next to it) and see if you are still having the issue , if the issue continues do a factory reset and start over

Run the WP6.sh and select manual setup and go through it that way.  Ive always had the best luck that way.  The pineapple is connect to the vm otherwise when you run ifconfig, it wouldnt show up.

After messing around with it, i finally got it to work. For some reason, it only works when i plug in the pineapple with the shorter side of the y cable first, then wait about 2 seconds before plugging in the data cable. Not sure why, but it works about 80% of the time. 

I only ever have the short side of the cable plugged into my razer blade stealth... works fine every time... maybe your usb ports aren't pumping enough juice? but to confirm, the other side of the cable is just VCC and GND and no data I believe.... well that would make sense based off what you just said anyway.