Can't get clients to connect

LockTight

I have bit been able to get clients to connect.   I set it up on both windows and Kali (prefer to use kali just tried other operating system as test).  I run recon and identify my targets.  I add them to the filter so only those devices can connect to limit my attack to authorized devices.   I send the deauth (set at 1, 5, and 10 on various attempts) and it says it is sent successfully.   I attempt connection as well as try to connect to the WiFi being duplicated in the pool by turning my test client on and off,  connecting to alternate WiFi then putting the compromised one back as the default but nothing I do will cause any client to connect even ones I am in control of  left device running 6 hours without a single successful connection.   Any ideas what is wrong?   Have already restored firmware to older version as well as restored device to factory settings and set up from scratch 3 times. 

15 hours ago, LockTight said:

I have bit been able to get clients to connect.   I set it up on both windows and Kali (prefer to use kali just tried other operating system as test).  I run recon and identify my targets.  I add them to the filter so only those devices can connect to limit my attack to authorized devices.   I send the deauth (set at 1, 5, and 10 on various attempts) and it says it is sent successfully.   I attempt connection as well as try to connect to the WiFi being duplicated in the pool by turning my test client on and off,  connecting to alternate WiFi then putting the compromised one back as the default but nothing I do will cause any client to connect even ones I am in control of  left device running 6 hours without a single successful connection.   Any ideas what is wrong?   Have already restored firmware to older version as well as restored device to factory settings and set up from scratch 3 times. 

What options do you have set in the PineAP tab?

How is your filtering set? Are you using MAC filtering as well as SSID filtering? 

I am having the same problem.  I will try to give more details.

I have an updated Tetra connected to a Kali VM sharing internet.  Bulletins load.

I can scan with no problems.

My PineAP settings are: All of these are checked and saved:

1. Allow Associations
  2. Log Probes
  3. Log Associations
  1. Capture SSIDs to Pool
  2. Beacon Response
  3. Broadcast SSID Pool

21 SSIDs have been added to the pool.

Source MAC is set to the MAC of wlan0 as reported by the Networking tab. Target MAC is set to the broadcast address: FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF

I have an android phone sitting next to me that can see all of these SSIDs as open connections, but none are configured.  When I choose one, it looks like it tries  to connect, but then stops.  After several minutes, it shows that remembered network as "authentication error occurred"

Anything else I can check? Any other information I can provide?

I am having the same issue as well, with all of my settings set to the same as Black_chameleon.

I have also attempted deauthing clients via aircrack with no avail either.

The Pineapple has been on for about 5 hours now, with no luck && over 50 clients connected to the pool.

If I find anything, I will let you know

6 hours ago, Mage said:

I am having the same issue as well, with all of my settings set to the same as Black_chameleon.

I have also attempted deauthing clients via aircrack with no avail either.

The Pineapple has been on for about 5 hours now, with no luck && over 50 clients connected to the pool.

If I find anything, I will let you know

17 hours ago, Black_chameleon said:

I have an updated Tetra connected to a Kali VM sharing internet.  Bulletins load.

1. Allow Associations
  2. Log Probes
  3. Log Associations
  1. Capture SSIDs to Pool
  2. Beacon Response
  3. Broadcast SSID Pool

Source MAC is set to the MAC of wlan0 as reported by the Networking tab. Target MAC is set to the broadcast address: FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF

I have an android phone sitting next to me that can see all of these SSIDs as open connections, but none are configured.  When I choose one, it looks like it tries  to connect, but then stops.  After several minutes, it shows that remembered network as "authentication error occurred"

Are either of you using filtering at all? My suggestion is to uncheck the broadcast SSID Pool option and leave everything else the same. Save active ssttings as default then make sure there are no MAC addresses or SSIDs in either filter and set both of them to Deny. Then set the Open AP and reboot the device. Once it comes back try connecting to the Open AP. 

Also, are you able to connect to the Management AP with the Android device?

Thank you!  I appreciate help for the newbie!

I think the Filtering option was my problem! I had no listings in the MAC column, and it was set to "Allow", which means "Don't allow anyone!"

I am now connected.

Also, for completeness, I was Not able to log on to the Management AP before (I had never tried), but now I am.  I would not have thought that that AP would be filtered in the same way as PineAP.

8 hours ago, DigitalData said:

Are either of you using filtering at all? My suggestion is to uncheck the broadcast SSID Pool option and leave everything else the same. Save active ssttings as default then make sure there are no MAC addresses or SSIDs in either filter and set both of them to Deny. Then set the Open AP and reboot the device. Once it comes back try connecting to the Open AP. 

Also, are you able to connect to the Management AP with the Android device?

I did exactly that, here are my PineAP settings: 

Allow Associations == Checked

Log Probes == Checked

Log Associations == Checked.

Capture SSIDs to Pool == Checked

Beacon Response == Checked

Broadcast SSID Pool == Unchecked

I connected to the management AP with my Android, browsed over to 172.16.42.1 and see my PHP page from the Pineapple. Any website not in my cache displays the page.

However, I do not see my phone connected as a client in the Pineapple Clients tab. No devices are connecting to it other than if I log into the management AP.

I have made a little progress. Clients are connecting to me however they are not my targets they are random people around me who I do not have permission to attack. My normal course of action would be to have my filtering mode set to allow so I could pinpoint which target I want to pendent. When I change the filtering to deny Ugg random people wood connect since it was basically allowing anyone to connect and I was also broadcast in my pool. The device is clearly functional, however I am having difficulty targeting my phone connected to my test network. Sending a deauth to the phone will be deauthorized a single time but it does not connect to the pineapple even when sitting right next to it it instead give me the symbol of being connected to a wireless Network but it does not tell me the network name and it does not have any conectivity. I turn off my Wi-Fi and turn it back on connecting to my regular Network with my phone again an attempt to do it a second time but the phone will not deauth again until I reboot the pineapple even then I never get connected with that phone.  Like I said, other devices do connect. Do some phones have protections against connecting to this type of device?

I am also able to run Dwall and see pictures and pages I pull on my android, while connected to the Management AP as well.
How did you enable it to allow devices to connect? The only device that will connect to me is an unassociated one..

What do your configs look like? I might be able to help you filter them out.

• 2 years later...
On 12/29/2016 at 4:48 PM, Black_chameleon said:

1. Allow Associations
  2. Log Probes
  3. Log Associations
  1. Capture SSIDs to Pool
  2. Beacon Response
  3. Broadcast SSID Pool

Same here!!!!!!!!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived