Operational Association of Clients

e.vahdat

Hi

I bought a Pineapple nano and working with it.

But there are some questions about the Association of Clients.

I use the following path to setup my Pineapple.(Ver 1.12)

a. Recon -> Scan -> (on target wifi) Add Clients and add them to "PineAP Filter" one by one

b. Filter -> set "Client Filtering" to allow mode

c. PinAP -> switch "PineAP Daemon" to Enable and check all 6 chekboxes

d. Recon ->(on target wifi) Select Deauth and deauthenticate all clients.(many times)

When i deauthenticate all clients my Galaxy S7 deauthenticates from my target wifi which has wpa2 password.

but again my Galaxy S7 selects original target wifi NOT Rogue wifi which is open.

here my questions :

1- What is problem with above scenario ?

2-Only clients can connect to wifipineapple which was connected to at least one open wifi before. is it true ?

3- Suppose these :

a. I have 2 clients which does not connected to any OpenWifi before.

b. I have 1 wifi with wpa2 password named "MyWiFi". i set it on that 2 clients.

c. Start Pineapple and after scan i find only "MyWiFi" with 2 clients connected.

So in this case WifiPineapple is not applicable since my clients have not connected to any OpenWifi before.

Is is true ?

4- When signal strength is important ?

Edited by e.vahdat

On Monday, December 26, 2016 at 1:14 PM, e.vahdat said:

Hi

I bought a Pineapple nano and working with it.

But there are some questions about the Association of Clients.

I use the following path to setup my Pineapple.(Ver 1.12)

a. Recon -> Scan -> (on target wifi) Add Clients and add them to "PineAP Filter" one by one

b. Filter -> set "Client Filtering" to allow mode

c. PinAP -> switch "PineAP Daemon" to Enable and check all 6 chekboxes

d. Recon ->(on target wifi) Select Deauth and deauthenticate all clients.(many times)

When i deauthenticate all clients my Galaxy S7 deauthenticates from my target wifi which has wpa2 password.

but again my Galaxy S7 selects original target wifi NOT Rogue wifi which is open.

here my questions :

1- What is problem with above scenario ?

2-Only clients can connect to wifipineapple which was connected to at least one open wifi before. is it true ?

3- Suppose these :

a. I have 2 clients which does not connected to any OpenWifi before.

b. I have 1 wifi with wpa2 password named "MyWiFi". i set it on that 2 clients.

c. Start Pineapple and after scan i find only "MyWiFi" with 2 clients connected.

So in this case WifiPineapple is not applicable since my clients have not connected to any OpenWifi before.

Is is true ?

4- When signal strength is important ?

1. I don't see a problem with the scenario you mention. Are you assuming there is a problem with it because the S7 isn't automatically connecting when you deauth it?

2. No, clients don't need to have been connected to an open wifi prior to it being able to connect to the pineapple. 

Signal strength could be part of the issue you are having. I have also had some difficulty getting specific devices to connect. Some times it takes a lot of patience and multiple times of trying. Not all devices connect the same way. I believe there are other posts on the forums addressing this issue.

14 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

You may not get all type of devices associating under all circumstances. It very much depends on the individual clients setup and previously connected networks. 

Thanks.

Can you give me a complete refrence to know about the situations ?

Or can you explain me the best config ?

My test clients connect to at least one Open network before.