Wifi PIneapple Connection Problems

kevinliu18

I login after going to http://172.16.42.1:1471  with my wifi pineapple nano credentials but it says error connecting to wifi pineapple.com when I try to update the filmware. On the dashboard everything is showing up as none or 0. My wifi pineapple is connected to my windows laptop via usb, any ideas?

Make sure you setup your wifi connection ( or wired ) set to share the connection with the pineapple to get internet bridged to the pineapple.

10 hours ago, b0N3z said:

Make sure you setup your wifi connection ( or wired ) set to share the connection with the pineapple to get internet bridged to the pineapple.

Thanks, I'm sorry Im new but how would you do that on Windows 10 or andriod (I have an Andriod phone too and same issue).

On 12/27/2016 at 4:26 AM, the0bone said:

Just follow the tutorial https://youtu.be/Nv1eiIwOPKo?t=1m12s

Yes, thank you for that. So I did share/bridge the connection correctly as followed in the tutorial now, and I can verify it since the bullitons are being displayed. However, I am on version 1.0.1 and am trying to update the filmware now and it just says "Please wait while the filmware is being downloaded" indefinitely.  DO you know how to manual update it or have any ideas?

That happened to me as well but all I had to do was refresh the page to get to the login to finish setting it up , you may want to do a factory reset and start from the beginning.

Factory Reset

Settings may be restored to defaults using the factory reset procedure. This process will restore the device to the initial configuration of the latest installed firmware. Upon performing the factory reset procedure initial setup must be performed, setting the root password and SSID.

To perform a factory reset from a fully booted WiFi Pineapple, hold the RESET button for approximately 7 seconds. The device will then reboot.

Alternatively the factory reset may be performed from the web interface. From the Configuration page, select Factory Reset from the General menu.

Note: data not stored on external media (USB / SD) will be erased during this process.