Power Issues with Tetra

DigitalData

I was wondering if anyone else had issued when plugging their Tetra in. I bought mine when it first came out and had to wait for the replacement AC adapter. I've hardly used it over the last year but notice when I do, i get a spark when I plug it in. It doesn't matter which end I plug in first, the tetra or the wall outlet, it always sparks. I was curious if this was an issue with the AC adapter. I was considering buying a new adapter from amazon but wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem. It doesn't appear to have damaged anything and what i've done to alleviate it now is to plug it in to the tetra then a power strip which is turned off. Once it's plugged in I turn the power strip on.

On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 7:41 PM, Wendy said:

I just got mine over a week ago and it keeps turning off and I have it plugged into the outlet. I have tried resetting and rebooting it and it doesn't stop it from randomly turning off.

Does it completely turn off or reboot? Is it only turning off under a heavy load (like while running Recon?) Or will it randomly shut off with no load on it? 

7 hours ago, DigitalData said:

Does it completely turn off or reboot? Is it only turning off under a heavy load (like while running Recon?) Or will it randomly shut off with no load on it? 

It was just randomly turing off with or without running anything on it. 

On Tuesday, December 27, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Wendy said:

It was just randomly turing off with or without running anything on it. 

Does it happen when running on battery too? Or are you only running it with the power cord that was supplied? I haven't yet but I plan to order another power cord online because mine doesnt seem like a very good quality so I think that's causing my problem.