Tetra Pineapple and wifi keep disconnected each other

Wendy

I just got my pineapple yesterday and I managed to update the firmware. It took about two hours because of wifi dropping from laptop.or pineapple. When I connect the wifi to my laptop then connect the tetra pineapple, the wifi disconnects from my laptop. The pineapple is still connected, then I reconnect the wifi and then the pineapple gets disconnected. Am I doing something wrong or is there a glitch with the pineapple?

Thank in advance.

I tried in Windows 10 and also Kali Linux. I have the pineapple connected using the usb and plugging it into the outlet. I tried using the ethernet cable on it and was able to keep my computers wifi on. But am I supposed to be able to use my wifi on my laptop and pineapple at the same time without using ethernet? 

3 hours ago, Wendy said:

But am I supposed to be able to use my wifi on my laptop and pineapple at the same time without using ethernet? 

Yes! Your PC is sharing it's network-connection/internet to the Pineapple through the USB interface.

I'm not sure what could be causing your problems, as i don't have that much information to go on.
Do you have any power-saving features activated perhaps? Like USB or wifi power-saving?

12 hours ago, Zylla said:

Yes! Your PC is sharing it's network-connection/internet to the Pineapple through the USB interface.

I'm not sure what could be causing your problems, as i don't have that much information to go on.
Do you have any power-saving features activated perhaps? Like USB or wifi power-saving?

I don't see any power saving features for the USB.  I was able to get it to work by continually messing around with it.