Issues Telnetting into AR Drone 2

dronenewb

Hello,

I'm using a Pineapple Tetra in an attempt to recreate your drone hack (Hak5 1518.2).  I was able to install and execute the dronepwn.sh shell script on the Pineapple.  However, I seem unable to telnet into the drone and merely running the script does nothing to shut it down, only telling us that it detected no drones.  Is there another forum post that delineates how to perform the drone hack, and if not, would you be able to give me some guidance?  I'm relatively new to Linux and the WiFi Pineapple.

Thanks, and have a good day.

23 minutes ago, dronenewb said:

Hello,

I'm using a Pineapple Tetra in an attempt to recreate your drone hack (Hak5 1518.2).  I was able to install and execute the dronepwn.sh shell script on the Pineapple.  However, I seem unable to telnet into the drone and merely running the script does nothing to shut it down, only telling us that it detected no drones.  Is there another forum post that delineates how to perform the drone hack, and if not, would you be able to give me some guidance?  I'm relatively new to Linux and the WiFi Pineapple.

Thanks, and have a good day.

I'm assuming that years later, the firmware has been patched. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, dronenewb said:

Yes, I updated it to the latest version.

I think you misunderstood.

The drones firmware has been patched, and hence the flaw that was exploited no longer exists, and hence it wont work.

28 minutes ago, Rkiver said:

I think you misunderstood.

The drones firmware has been patched, and hence the flaw that was exploited no longer exists, and hence it wont work.

Thanks for clearing that up.  I thought he meant the Pineapple firmware.  :)

So I did get it to work finally, but only partially.  I was able to kill the drone manually with telnet and kill -KILL `pidof program.elf` but the script file still didn't do the job, even though it is now able to detect and ping the drone.  Thus, I think that our drone still has an older version of the firmware that is vulnerable to the exploit.  With that in mind, do I need to do anything special other than loading the sh file into the Pineapple?  I know that "empty" is a dependency, so do I need to load that separately?