Installing Arch Linux with RD

b0N3z

As I'm a lazy person and will actually use this a lot, I've made a Ducky Script that will install Arch linux after you have booted into a live media cd or USB.  Its a very basic install so no gui or anything extra.  I have included openssh and LTS kernel with headers for both kernels.  Delays will have to be adjusted depending on your hardware and network speed. Ive included my specs and network speed for a comparison to help with that.  This was done with a Raspberry pi zero with the ducky software on it so I have not been able to use a Rubber Ducky to test ($$$$) but it worked quite well with what I used.  When I get a Rubber Ducky I want to see if I can use twin ducky to put the iso on and boot straight from that and then just hit the button and go.  Anyways here it is. Any suggestions or packages that should be a must have are always welcome.  This is my first time ever messing with ARCH so im not to familiar with it quite yet.

Uploaded to github 

https://github.com/5hr3dd3rX/Rubberduck 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey.  Nice ducky script!  I'm hoping sometime early this week to test it out.  I hope you make a post install script as well.  I tried installing Arch in the past but always seemed to mess up the networking and then after multiple band aides on the install I could never get the GUI to work.  But I'm definitely looking forward to giving your script a shot.  I may manually do it first but then see how much quicker the ducky could do it for me.  Thanks.

I had it timed out to may 15mins.  The networking can be tricky if you use wifi.  I made this with the intention to make a base install with a wired connection for ease of use.  Also I used a 250gb hdd and made 40Gb for / and 4gb swap and the rest is for /home.  I tested it multiple times on my machine and works flawlessly.  When it formats the hdd I had a couple problems with options asking me for conformation and sometimes not.  The post install script is a little ways off because I think there are things in there that the ducky cant do, but Im going to give it a shot.   This is a very basic minimalist install.  Please let me know what you think and how it works or any problems you encounter.   This is also the first time ive ever messed with arch ive always used Ubuntu, Mint, Debian, or Fedora.

I enabled ssh on the install but have yet to be able to connect without doing something after the reboot.

Edited by b0N3z

Well I did cheat a little.  My first go around was by hand using every command in your script.  The install went flawless.  The only thing I had to add was systemctl enable dhcpcd that way my wired network connection would start every time I reset the machine.  Even though I cheated and didn't use the ducky I'll say I have never gotten as far as I have right now with arch.  By now I would have seriously screwed up something and would have had to start over.  So at the very least thanks for the most excellent walkthrough on a working base install of arch!  I can see the need for a few tweaks in the timing of running this through the ducky.  pacstrap -i /mnt base seemed to take forever on my system (using a VM) so I might lengthen them a bit and just try them on a bare machine.

I did find a tutorial that had some useful info on post install.  I got a bare gui at the moment but it's definitely a step in the right direction.  :)  Thanks!

Nice and Ill have to add the systemctl enable dhcpcd to the script.  This is my first time messing with arch so im also still learning and the delays on the pacstrap are meant to be adjusted due to system speeds and network speeds.  I have yet to work on the post install been busy with some other things life has thrown at me lol.