wireless issues after upgrade

woundedoutlaw

Since installing the latest firmware last night the nano now shows the 2nd antenna as wlan0-1 and when i try and do a recon scan, it fails.
 When i plug in the low profile wireless adapter that came with it, it is assigned to wlan1 instead of wlan2.

Anyone know how i can fix this? Or should i reset and reflash?

wlan0-1 is for use with PineAP.  You should always have wlan0, wlan0-1, wlan1 or wlan1mon.  A usb wifi dongle should come up as wlan2.  wlan0-1 is a virtual interface for PineAP.

35 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

wlan0-1 is for use with PineAP.  You should always have wlan0, wlan0-1, wlan1 or wlan1mon.  A usb wifi dongle should come up as wlan2.  wlan0-1 is a virtual interface for PineAP.

This is incorrect. wlan0-1 is a virtual interface created for the management access point. wlan1 (and wlan1mon, another virtual interface) is used for PineAP.

wlan0 - Open AP
wlan0-1 - Virtual interface for Management AP
wlan1 - Physical radio for PineAP
wlan1mon - Virtual monitor interface created for packet injection etc.

Edited by Foxtrot
  • Upvote 1

Similar/same issue here. Recon and PineAP are both broken for me with update 1.1.3. Recon just fails. When I try to enable PineAP the icon animates but the daemon never switches to enabled and I loose all wireless connections. I have to power cycle the nano in order to access the management portal again. I had to downgrade to 1.1.2 in order to get these working as expected again.